So, I got my hands on some textures and meshes...

zukoiu

Okay, so I have found a mod ( or a multitude of them ) that only contain meshes and textures. What can I do in order to make them appear in my game? I know they need an .esp, but I have no idea how to do that. I have tried to create one myself using creation kit and with what little information I have found on multiple forums, but I have failed and the end result never existed. If anyone could give me a hand, I would be more than grateful. Thank you for your time and sorry if the post was already made...

It all depends on what you are trying to texture and mesh.

If you have a fancy cloak texture (for example), and a cloak mod - you could *TRY* finding the used/vanilla texture in the data files and overwriting it with your new texture.  if they are the same image size and created using the same UV, it should replace the existing texture in favor of the new one. (must use the same file name and format).  No creation kit needed.

For 3d meshes - eh, that's a bit more complicated.  assuming that they are the same file type and not animated, you could *try* the above procedure.  If it doesn't like it, your game will most likely crash.

Converting OBJ to NIF and importing them into the game via the Creation Kit - I can't help with.  I have good Theory on how to do it, but it's nothing I have personally messed with.

Archived