Equip slot conflict with Wet & Cold?

JustCaroAnon

I can't equip Hooded Fur Scarves. As in, they're in my inventory, but clicking on them to equip them does nothing. I can equip the Hooded Scarves from Cloaks of Skyrim (I think) though, and I can equip other hoods and hats.

I can't remember off of the top of my head, but I *think* they're from Wet & Cold, and if so then I'm pretty sure that they're using either slot 46 or 47. I can't think of anything that I have that would conflict. (It's definitely not slot 45, because in my other build I use the slot 45 version of Torcs and that has no issues.)

How can I fix this? I already use a Smashed Patch and that hasn't helped. I have some knowledge of the CK and Tes5Edit, so I don't mind making an edited version of the offending mod to fix it. (I'm currently trying to find out for sure where these items came from...)

Sounds like your using Devious Devices but forgot to tell us the readers your using DDI.

If you were wearing devices that lock on, well slots used by other mods would be locked out.

So the method to fix that would be to open the ESP for outfit mod, find the outfit forms,

Armor....Change its Slot Number

ArmorAddon Change its slot number

Open the Armor in Nifskope

Change the BSdismemberment Number.

The trick is settling on a numbered slot that wont be used.

Is there a list anywhere of the slots DDI uses? (Or other mods, for that matter? I've found one through Google, but it was last updated in 2013 and only lists a handful of mods.) I honestly didn't think it would be DDI that would interfere, or that it would lock out a slot that wasn't in use - that's why I didn't mention it. I guess it would be using a few equip slots. (It looks like the conflicting mod is Wet & Cold.)

So I just have to alter the ESP in the CK?

Use the MCM menu for DDI, there is a list of slots that it blocks in the Devices Underneath(1), just set that top one in the left hand column to None/Nothing.  You'll need to exit the pause menu, try to equip a hood or wait a few minutes then go do it again as the mod tries to reset that setting.

Archived