New Update (1.08a) Problems

Squizzo

Since the new update to v1.08a my game now thinks that it's the core fighters version. I can't select most of the cast or play story mode anymore.

Is this happening to anyone else? Does anyone have a fix? Can I roll back the update or just stop my game updating all together?

Thanks C3S4RFC. That kind of made things worse but also fixed my issue.

Verifying the cache integrity fixed the issue but reverted my game back to a save point when I had 4 hours logged (considering that I have about 200 hours and many more in modding time that is a horrific loss). Thankfully I had made a backup and after deleting all files and installing the backup the problem was magically fixed. I'm not sure how the fix worked but thanks a bunch anyway.

Since the new update to v1.08a my game now thinks that it's the core fighters version. I can't select most of the cast or play story mode anymore.

Is this happening to anyone else? Does anyone have a fix? Can I roll back the update or just stop my game updating all together?

Man I was wondering when a thread like this would show up. I was basically you for a day or two. At first I was annoyed seeing as I purchased LR legit via Steam. Then I realized that was probably the issue seeing as nobody else on any forum was posting about it. It occurred to me that most everyone had 'less than official' copies of the game thus explaining why it seemed nobody had any issues about it. All I know is that after removing the 100% custom savefile, the game.exe, and verifying the cache integrity like you did it mostly solved the issue and reverted the game back to playable non-core fighters only status.

This meant all the progress of the 100% was gone however just like you. Then of course there was:

I found a fix lying around 3DM but I'm not sure if I can post the link here...

Lets just say a little Google-fu managed to find the fix WideWalson mentioned and voila I have access to most everything I did before. Not that I was too severely inconvenienced by this whole issue to begin with given that I could use a combination of LR Photo Studio and Autolink to access and import any DLC content into the game if I really wanted it that badly. Of course none of the default DLC really tickles my fancy; they're pretty boring in my opinion which is why I never bothered. If anything it's only a matter of convenience; the default DLC offers a good foundation for crafting mods and that is what we're truly all here for are we not? Custom mods > default DLC

However that last part is still a little troublesome as 108A did break a few .dll files in Autolink I hear which is why custom paradise animations no longer function at the moment (RIP poledancing :( )

Oh well, sorry for rambling, here's a screenshot to make up for it: post-3033-0-40295600-1475799737_thumb.png

If you purchased the full steam version, the update just changed all the extra characters into DLC, and you should have a shit ton of extra folders in your DLC folder. If you have the modded launcher and .ini file, like I do, just add all of the new DLC's (starting with 531150 I believe) to the DLC section under the .ini.

I bought my game on Steam along with most of the DLCs, and I kept a back up of all the game files regularly. After experiencing similar issues I restored all those files that were updated by the 108a patch (I did that by checking the Modified Date in windows). I found a bunch of new folders created in the DLC folder and I moved them into a temp folder (just in case I ever need them again).  I also restore my save files with a backup and everything was fine as before including all the additional movies I created in the Paradise. Hope this helps. [:)]

Archived