[English RPG game] New paths [0.0.5][28.10.2016]

123uniq

You are a young girl (18 years old).

Player choice of name, and game play. There is three ways to play submissive, dominate and something in between. Multiple choice as you played. (Not that many at this point, but more to come) 

One of the first real time rpg life sim games.

Fetish tag:
Corruption.
Blackmail.
Male/Female nudity.
Exhibitionist/Voyeur
And way more to come!

Picture from ingame and of MC

Home.jpg
outside.jpg
dialoge_mother.jpg
bar_work_1.png
tease.png

Game info:
All images are rendered in 1280x1024 and game is in the same resolution. Game engine rpg maker mv. Yes this is one of does 3d renders games.

If you find bugs. Write them here and I will fix them as fast as I can.

History and information 

Country 
Kaznia is a western country with a government suppression going on between the North and the South, in the twenty first century. It's a warm country, although there isn’t much sun in the North because of the Mountains. People in the South have a much darker skin tone.

History

In Kaznia, the government is suppressing the Southern part of the country, and has been doing for the last 200 years. The people of the South rebel against the suppression and have tried to abolish the government. The government was better equipped and had the upperhand, quickly crushing the rebellion and fighting them back into the South. The government started to build a big wall, that separates the border, from the luxurious North, to the poor South. The wall has been standing there over the last 150 years, as a reminder to the South of there failure of the abolishment.

Today 
Import and export from the South is under the total control of the government based in the North. The South only receives their basic needs; like little food and medicine to keep their standard of life to a minimum. The North uses their professional military personnel to keep the control of the people in the South. They are known to quickly crush any resistance from the South.
The navy of the North have total control of what ships enter and leave the Southern shores.

The land of the North have removed all scars of fighting. As the country in the South have plenty of reminders of their great loss to the North.. Craters and ruined cities are everywhere to be seen.

Politics
The government in the North, have an ongoing campaign to have young couples married early, this is so that they can procreate at a much quicker rate. Since the south have a lot more people but lack the equipment to ever stand a fighting chance. 
This rule has been enforced using the means of propaganda. The propaganda has been used for the last 150 years. It is known to be abnormal to be over 18 and not married. Many families pressure young people to marry at the age of 18. Females have the same rights as males, but not many use them. As the female is seen to be a figure which stays at home with their kids until they reach the age where they start Kindergarten.  

The school system isn't much to talk about. Finding a job is known to be very hard. Many of the people have to quit school, before graduating high school to support and help out their families.
It's not often a female will go looking for a career, It’s hard for them to find stable work, seen as the males of the population tend to push them down and give them the lesser jobs.

Protagonist.

The female protagonist   was born in 1989 and the story start in the year 2004. (18 years old) lives in the Northern part of kaznia in a small Mountain Village. with her family. Mother and father and 18 years old adopted brother. 

We follow the female protagonist and her choice to move away from the Mountain Village to the capital. She at this point has a job as a waitress/bartender at the local bar. Where the male customers not always are the nicest. 

Appearance
Red Brown hair. Green eyes. Freckles. Bodily figure with dd cup breast. Short in high. Have a childish Appearance with her hair in two ponytails to each side. Is often seen with a lollipop in her mouth. Since it's a warm country the protagonist is often using dresses and skirts.

Mentality
As she is grown up with a mentality that male have is the strongest gender. 
Is used to use her body to tease and play with males to get her will. And use her innocent to play with or get her will.
Since she works as a waitress/bartender she is used to customers groping and talk about her body in front of her. Sometimes she fights back other times she surrenders to the harassment. As the story continue, she can develop an Exhibitionist side as a treat. Since she sometimes loves to show her body at her premises. 

The female protagonist have always been good at sport and have a good fysisk. Since there isn't any gym at the Village she often runs in the Woods with her adopted brother. After the run they can go to the lake to cool down in the water.

Protagonist have never been good at school where she often have been turning on her chair as the class continues. Talking to classmates to get the day goes faster.
A natural submissive side is there but the player can choose to play more dominant. 

Family.

No one in the family knows that female protagonist has lost her virginity. And live together in a small house.

Mother.
Conservative housewives that have been home since (player) was born. Don't think female need to go to school or get a job. And only want the player to find a husband and get pregnant.

Father.
Conservative mine worker that want the player to settle down. And don't like that she got work at the bar.  is afraid that the work at the bar will corrupt her.

Stepbrother.
Is adopted since his family was killed in a mud avalanche. And he was the sole survivor where 7 people were killed. Share bedroom with the player and have often looked at the sheet when a player is asleep. He loves the player as a Sister but wants more from here. And is an often reminder that she doesn't think about it when she goes to bed in her nightgown. Have been caught more than Once going into the shower when a player is showering and says it's an accident.

Download link on the patreon page.

Main map.
No enter new zones you now have to press Action key (enter) This is to let players enter Zones again if the press wrong and want to enter that zone again instead of moving away then entering back. Times goes 1 hour forward the old way.

Bus system.
There will no grope events this patch since I can’t find a model for the bus. The models I have found don’t support daz studio or doesn’t have the interior. 

The bus system will come into two zone. 
Red zone: Home village. Capital, beach and Airport.
Yellow zone: Prison, Harbor and army base. 
And a new price system depending on travel distance with increase time. Bus from Home village to Airport now cost 20 G and takes 45 min. This to be somewhat more realistic. 

Zone.png

Beach and lifeguard. (require basic swimsuit)
Life guard work is now finished, and works. Its pays 125 G. Work time from 10.00 to 18.00. 3 random event.
Player can now play volleyball at the beach. Fitness +1 but its caped on 15.
Tanning. Gives 1+ charm but can only get the stat once a day. Takes 1 hour. 2 Random events

Small fix or changes:
Run with brother does not give more fitness over 10. Have planned to make a gym in the capital where the player can go and train.
Bug fixes as they have been coming in.
Render new images of the cloth store and are happier with dose.

new_Body.png

Other information to 0.06
The hair type of Suzie is really starting to give me trouble. It’s in the way and I don’t think it have the same quality that I’m after. So I’m changing it when the player gets the new dress from Perry. Suzie will get a haircut and new shoes and story will progress form there. Body type and skin is the same. 
And just to be clear, someone think I will start to translate the game to another language at this point. I’m not. IF and it’s a big IF New paths will get translated if will be furthered down the path. And that is a long time that will happen.

NEW_panties.png

Starting a vote/suggestion for the 25$ supporters of what activities they want at the home village.

What is a "real time rpg life sim" game? What does the player do with their time?

Author can manipulate time. But a second in game is a second IRL. Game have a day and night cycle. BUT if you work an 8-hour shift in game it doesn’t take 8 hours in game. 

What is a "real time rpg life sim" game? What does the player do with their time?

Author can manipulate time. But a second in game is a second IRL. Game have a day and night cycle. BUT if you work an 8-hour shift in game it doesn’t take 8 hours in game.

I phrased my question badly. What I meant is, what does the player actually DO? For example, in Skyrim the player explores dungeons, fights monsters, and collects treasure. What does the player do in New Paths?

I phrased my question badly. What I meant is, what does the player actually DO? For example, in Skyrim the player explores dungeons, fights monsters, and collects treasure. What does the player do in New Paths?

It’s a life sim rpg. Raise or lower different stat. get a job. Meet people and explore the map.

Isn’t any combat system in game at this point. But it’s coming. 

Comments in the spoiler

I'm going to be honest. I point out issues that bother me. Note they might ONLY bother me, so don't freak out.

• I liked the intro, but which side is Suzie on? Seems like you implied the north but it looks like the south. If the north is the rich side why is it so poor?
  • Suzie looks to mature to be 18. Whole body seems to exaggerated for her age. Thighs to thick, tits to big... She appears to be 23, not 18.
  • It is stated that Suzie is innocent and Naive but she doesn't act that way in the intro. She clearly understands her brother staring at her. A naive person wouldn't understand why they look.
  • The text between the mom and dad needs some refinement. It doesn't have any emotion. I felt like there were just reading a script. I recommend tweaking it a bit.
  • Acknowledging ache +1, finally something that makes her feel like a teen. That is great stuff. Add more elements to the game like this!!!!!
  • The game actually feels very linear. The only way to make money is starting out as a garbage collector, I was hoping would have the option to choose to be more desperate and do something more sexual, especially after the walk with dad showing how desperate they are.
  • It takes to long to lower your morality to accept the shopkeepers advance. I don't want to spend two weeks in game jogging with my brother to slowly lower her morality. It just takes tooooo long.
  • Repeating dialogue... since the game is supposed to be a real life sim, why is the dialogue always the same? You should randomize the the text. Example, Bathroom scene can be a random event, Checking out ache, Shaving her legs, singing in the shower maybe? Point being those little touches make the game feel more alive. This can be applies all over, like the talk with the brother after the jog...
  • How about text to tell the player that they have hit the end of the demo or a specific quest chain? I got dialogue saying I am now willing to flash the shopkeeper, but when I went down there the talk option was broken. If that is the end, let us know instead of making us wonder if it's broken.

This is a pretty bare bones, but in the end I do like it. I know I have a ton of negative comments, but I played it a long time exploring. IF I thought the game was garbage I would have stopped playing. You need to decide if the game is going to be a story, or a RL simulator because it's not working as is. RL simulator isn't linear at all, but this game is. A story can be linear but then cut out mindless repetitive actions to push the plot. Your game sadly does both and feels lost.

I'm just one guy with one opinion. I think it can succeed, but it needs some improvement. Isn't that why we have Alphas? To test things and see how other react to them?

Don't let my comments scare you away!

Comments in the spoiler

I'm going to be honest. I point out issues that bother me. Note they might ONLY bother me, so don't freak out.

• I liked the intro, but which side is Suzie on? Seems like you implied the north but it looks like the south. If the north is the rich side why is it so poor?
  • Suzie looks to mature to be 18. Whole body seems to exaggerated for her age. Thighs to thick, tits to big... She appears to be 23, not 18.
  • It is stated that Suzie is innocent and Naive but she doesn't act that way in the intro. She clearly understands her brother staring at her. A naive person wouldn't understand why they look.
  • The text between the mom and dad needs some refinement. It doesn't have any emotion. I felt like there were just reading a script. I recommend tweaking it a bit.
  • Acknowledging ache +1, finally something that makes her feel like a teen. That is great stuff. Add more elements to the game like this!!!!!
  • The game actually feels very linear. The only way to make money is starting out as a garbage collector, I was hoping would have the option to choose to be more desperate and do something more sexual, especially after the walk with dad showing how desperate they are.
  • It takes to long to lower your morality to accept the shopkeepers advance. I don't want to spend two weeks in game jogging with my brother to slowly lower her morality. It just takes tooooo long.
  • Repeating dialogue... since the game is supposed to be a real life sim, why is the dialogue always the same? You should randomize the the text. Example, Bathroom scene can be a random event, Checking out ache, Shaving her legs, singing in the shower maybe? Point being those little touches make the game feel more alive. This can be applies all over, like the talk with the brother after the jog...
  • How about text to tell the player that they have hit the end of the demo or a specific quest chain? I got dialogue saying I am now willing to flash the shopkeeper, but when I went down there the talk option was broken. If that is the end, let us know instead of making us wonder if it's broken.

This is a pretty bare bones, but in the end I do like it. I know I have a ton of negative comments, but I played it a long time exploring. IF I thought the game was garbage I would have stopped playing. You need to decide if the game is going to be a story, or a RL simulator because it's not working as is. RL simulator isn't linear at all, but this game is. A story can be linear but then cut out mindless repetitive actions to push the plot. Your game sadly does both and feels lost.

I'm just one guy with one opinion. I think it can succeed, but it needs some improvement. Isn't that why we have Alphas? To test things and see how other react to them?

Don't let my comments scare you away!

I’m not scared away. This is what I want and need constructive criticism that I can do something with. All of your points as you write them here is something that I’m working with every day.

And it’s coming slowly. I’m changing the hair of many reason like said over here. One of the reasons is that I think this is better for her age. The 0.06 will have a new bathroom scenes that have a lot more variation then the old one did. Its just take time to render.

NEW_bathroom2.png

Thanks for your thoughts. 

• 3 weeks later...

3038139711158274789.png?v=lXhbxTXKvwnh9T

In game bathroom WILL be change for the 0.06 release. It will not require shower/towel outfit to enter. The towel will be in game since I got some dirty plans for it later on. (No spoiler)
A fast example of how the bathroom will work. 

Enter (choice lock door or leave it open)

Front of sink. Choice
-Apply makeup. + charm (Different makeup will give different +stat). Will be removed if the player shower.
-Brush teeth. (small + hygiene stat if the player doesn’t have time to shower)
-Leave
-Masturbate. (vaginal and ANAL)
-Shower 

Shower. Player goes to the shower. Choice. Door is locked.
-just shower.
-Masturbate (vaginal and ANAL)

Shower. Player goes to the shower. Choice. Door is Open. STAT decide.
-Brian grope
-Brian hand job
-Brian blowjob.

As you can see I have a lot of work in front of me but I think the outcome will be much better then what’s in game already. And it’s time for some sexual content in game.

Other smaller changes.
Stamina will be change to Energy, since its easier for newer player to understand what that stat dose. 

In November I will have a vote for the new job. This is only for the 25$ patreon.
Nurse 
Maid
Lifeguard (with the bikini. New outfit and new scene.

Hospital and hotel is already in game for dose that want to see location (No content or event) and the new job will be for the 0.07 release in December. 

The link for the vote will be sent out in pm. 

Question bellow as normal. Enjoy your weekend

WTF RPG MAKER MV!

Me and a friend have now use this evening to bug test my game. We have used 3 different computers with different support from ADM (cpu to gpu) we have allow gotten info about other computers that lag with my game.

This is what we have found out.

Basically this is how rpg maker mv works. When you play a game. The “game.exe” file write information to the HD average (0.2mb/s hard drive) that then again is loaded to the GPU true WebGL (make a note of this). My main computer is a core I7 32 GB ram NVidia 970 gtx card. Had an average cpu and gpu on under 1%

My Friends computer is core I7-6560U 16 GB ram Iris HD 540 (4k screen) had an average cpu load 50-60. And GPU 20 %

We started to turn off plugins and start the game up again with no difference in cpu or GPU. We then made a new project. With used one actor and a basic green map. Then the cpu load as only at 30 % with my friend’s computer. And this with a basic/striped version of a game. We then started to get information from other people that had a high cpu usage from rpg maker games. And we started to see a pattern.

People with a 4k screen that had it native got a higher load on CPU in rpg maker games. If they turn the screen down to 1080P it got way better.

People with laptops that had a good CPU with integrated GPU got a weary high CPU load when playing rpg makers games. This is something we see with AMD GPU cards.

We found more information of different forum:

Original post:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46846-rpg-maker-mv-lag-solution/ HYPERLINK "http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46846-rpg-maker-mv-lag-solution/&page=1"& HYPERLINK "http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46846-rpg-maker-mv-lag-solution/&page=1"page=1

Other:

https://rpgmakermv.co/threads/possible-mv-lag-solution.466/

Basically, the rpg maker mv is poorly as best optimalts to different system. And if the game has much information (parallel events, etc. etc.) this will kill your cpu. And the game will laggy even if you got a high-end computer. And this is easy to find with AMD cards. And some card have a blacklist form different GPU.

Yeah my computer has serious issues running the game. Nothing your fault, but It doesn't like my video card so I have to edit a json file and add in a like telling it to ignore the blacklisted video cards. So now I can run it smoothly, BUT it crashes randomly at certain events. Damned if you do damned if you don't LOL.

Is it possible to put in some sort of debug mode to skip certain events and grinding while in creation? The jogging animation is pretty lengthy and serves no real purpose when done by yourself as far as I can tell other than showing that the park is really filthy.

Going to work feels more like a grinding chore than anything (I've only messed with the garbage one) if there was some option of just doing work when leaving your house/town in the morning I feel that would be more beneficial than just going around collecting garbage from the same areas each day. Honestly skipping the animation events from the jog and any work related task after the first day would be a nice benefit unless something was changed up in it.

I feel basic food prices are too expensive for what you make on an 8 hour shift, and your fridge at home seems to have a limitless supply of food for a family that is poor, especially when a bag of snacks cost as much as 2 hours of minimum wage.

I'd just rather not grind garbage for a few hours to work my way up to being a life guard. I tried going to the bar to see if there was a quicker way but the owner was not in, so I'm not too sure on how to get a job there.

There also seems to be no real point in taking a bath as far as I can tell aside from the still image.

I've only messed around with the game for about an hour, so it's not much time. But in that same regard I have not been able to even get enough money to afford the class or swimsuit to be a life guard after jogging 10 times around the park and doing two days of garbage work manually with half of my wage used on my second day for an emergency energy drink and snacks (saved before I went back home but it turned out if I did it without eating I'd die from fatigue and hunger)

Edit: Messed around a bit more, the even where I'm supposed to get new clothes from Perry does not work. I went back to my room and thought about it, then after going to Perry every time I try to talk rather than buy there is no dialogue at all and it acts like I exited out of the choice menu.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I have a question..

I've been playing the game "new paths" for days, but I'm not getting any further. How or where can I take the nursing course? I play version 0.07E. I have already worked 15 times as waste collector. The classroom for the life guard course I have found. But here I can not get a nursing course.

Can someone help me?

My game gets stuck when you switch to Brian for the clean up and the lake and forest section.  Any suggestions as to what I need to do to reolve this?

also as you go up in exhibitionism there seems to be fewer interactions that actually work.  Have I missed something.

The game itself is great and there are plenty of options shame the exhibitionist stuff in the Harbour area nly worked for that one occasion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a question..

I've been playing the game "new paths" for days, but I'm not getting any further. How or where can I take the nursing course? I play version 0.07E. I have already worked 15 times as waste collector. The classroom for the life guard course I have found. But here I can not get a nursing course.

Can someone help me?

When I played hospital was closed (or empty, I can not remember) may not yet implemented

Archived