Keeping X6-88 (Or other companions)

Hey y'all, long time no post, but I was really looking into something recently and was trying to "fix" something for my self (maybe this will also help others) and what better place to look for help, than here.

Since I'm out of town, I don't actually have access to my main computer, so I can't play or mod the game, however, what I can do, is look around for mods and inspiration for my settlement builds or other stuff I'd like to see in my game. This particular time, I started looking into how to keep all companions (mods or console commands), but haven't found anything that would help me, other than a few glitches that let's you keep them, but then you sacrifice other stuff. The companion that I wish to "keep" is X6-88. I know, most people out there would probably consider him a shitty and boring companion, but something in him reminds me of my self, which is why I want to keep him, BUT, I don't want to side with the institute (atleast not the institute ending).

So if anyone would like to or could point me to the direction of where I have to go or what steps I have to take in order to keep this companion (without using the glitch, where you don't do institute missions and after destroying it, you find X6-88 at his first mission), that would be splendid.

Also, I assume this could be done, without using a mod, just plain ol' console commands. But I reckon, I'd have to disable his affiliation with the institute and other stuff he's affiliated to and make him friendly. Sadly, I don't have the knowledge of how to accomplish this. Although, what I'd really like to see, is a mod that enables him to stay your companion (maybe with a speech check or what ever) and remove or add special dialogue options, concerning the fact that institute was destroyed.

Yeah, those things in red are for people who didn't bother to read the whole thing, I just thought they'd see the whole TLDR How to keep X6-88 using a mod, console commands.

This post is in technical support, because I'd be happy with just good ol' console commands, because I do believe you can remove his affiliation with the "factions". And I'm saying factions, because there's quite a few affiliations you need to remove, not only the institute. However, a mod would also be great.

...And I'm saying factions, because there's quite a few affiliations you need to remove, not only the institute.

I know it's possible to do that because on my last play through at the end I used console commands to fix the factions between me and X6-88. And it worked very well. But I didn't write down what they were. I found them through google searches, though. So it's definitely possible. I was able to keep both X6-88 and the other major faction follower (whom I won't name to avoid spoilers).

...And I'm saying factions, because there's quite a few affiliations you need to remove, not only the institute.

I know it's possible to do that because on my last play through at the end I used console commands to fix the factions between me and X6-88. And it worked very well. But I didn't write down what they were. I found them through google searches, though. So it's definitely possible. I was able to keep both X6-88 and the other major faction follower (whom I won't name to avoid spoilers).

If you can remember anything you did or where you might have found the console commands, that would greatly help. Also, how many affiliations did you remove if you can remember?

I finished the institute line so he's hostile. Doing this makes him recruitable. I'm not sure if it affects his affinity or not.

prid e210a ; X6-88's ref id
addtofaction 1c21c 1 ; player faction
setstage comx688 80 ; force recruit him now
moveto player ; move him from wherever he was - or you can skip this line and go find him...i dunno where he goes after institute bombing.

If you ever let him go I suggest sending him to a settlement not his default home since it doesn't exist and he will be stuck.

I finished the institute line so he's hostile. Doing this makes him recruitable. I'm not sure if it affects his affinity or not.

prid e210a ; X6-88's ref id
addtofaction 1c21c 1 ; player faction
setstage comx688 80 ; force recruit him now
moveto player ; move him from wherever he was - or you can skip this line and go find him...i dunno where he goes after institute bombing.

If you ever let him go I suggest sending him to a settlement not his default home since it doesn't exist and he will be stuck.

Thank you. So this does work if I've used him as a companion before correct?

Archived