Creation Kit crash on save

Monoman1

Need help guys. I'm reaching the end of my tether here. 

Creation kit crashes when saving changes to my mod. I can create and save a new mod just fine. When saving it appears to hang for several seconds until I get "CK is not responding" popup. A 0KB *.tes file is created in MOs overwrite folder. 

When I was finishing v0.21 I began having the same problem but somehow stumbled upon a solution whereby If I created a single new form then saved it would save just fine and would save ok for the rest of the editing session until I closed the CK and reopened it. Needless to say this workaround no longer works after adding a substantial number of new forms using TesEdit. It happens on both my laptop and PC. 

Things I've tried that I can remember: 

Validate integrity of the CK. 

Reinstalled the CK. 

Checked the esp for errors in TesEdit (nothing). 

Eliminated MO as the problem source by moving all required files into the physical Skyrim Data folder. 

The esp is quite large (35.5MB, biggest esp file I've ever seen) Is it possible due to the size of the esp the CK thinks the disk is timing out? I've searched the Editor inis for timeout variables but there's none. Went so far as to check windows timeout value in the registry is set to default (60). Doesn't take the CK that long to crash. 

Ok, so I've an idea. 

I'm going to split the armor forms from the mod into an "addon" esp. Do my editing on the main file. Then merge them when finished. 

Tbh, it fucking ridiculous to have to resort to this kind of shit. It's going to make testing take longer and increases the chances something will go wrong. 

:angry:

Archived