Game wont boot when using SweetFX 1.5 + AutoLink?

afro-herbalist

Before I had Autolink installed, I had a go with Reshade+SweetFX 2.0 controlled by Mediator. I couldn't make heads or tails of Mediators crazy & confusing interface and most of the time it wouldn't even do anything so I just got rid of it.

Now I've got Autolink installed and before I take too many screenshots I wanted SweetFX again so this time I tried SweetFX 1.5 (because I've heard Reshade+SweetFX2 has problems with DOA5). So, I installed SweetFX by dragging all the files into the games root folder (except the DX10 related files), then I downloaded a preset called "DOA HMW v1.5 + @ v1.0" (just to test one out), and installed it by adding the line to "SweetFX Preset.TXT" as instructed in the readme.txt, but when I try to load the game via "Game.bat", it gets about 3 seconds into loading, then just instantly closes with no error message.

I've read that if you want to use SweetFX and Autolink at the same time, you have to rename the Autolink "D3D9.DLL" to D3D9ex.DLL, which I have done but it still wont load. If I go back to the default preset, the game loads, but without SweetFX. :@

Pretty confused here, can anyone tell me how to get this working? I've got about 2% experience with SweetFX...

Thanks!

Guys I found a way to fix this! I was told to try a "helper" program called Configurator, which I put in my 'games' folder (not in the DOA folder), then clicked 'Add Game', added the DOA 'Game.exe', then clicked 'Add SweetFX' and all the shader settings appeared so I just went nuts with them as a test and clicked 'Save current config' and finally 'Launch Selected Game', and it worked! My CPU is an Intel BTW.

For anyone else having problems with SweetFX, especially combined with Autolink, check this tutorial I found, it explains it better than me lol!:

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=160&t=96847

I'm glad I didn't pull my hair out already! Happy fapping to all!

EDIT: Important= If your UI_hack from Autolink stops working but SweetFX still works, swap the names of the DLL's round so that SweetFX's D3D9.dll has "ex" before the extension instead of the Autolink one. It happened not long after getting Sweet & Autolink working together, but this fixed it for me, YEAH!

Archived