[WIP] AlphaGear Zero

Great color scheme. Like it.

For ndo 2, it's basically a set of utilities that work with photoshop. In your case, it would be great for adding detail to your high poly normals, but it can also be used to make normals from scratch (say, from a diffuse texture). It uses a layer-based method which should be familiar, and simply lets you paint whatever details you want on the normal. Specular generation is also automatic from the normal itself.

My use is mostly upsampling low-poly models from ports to ridiculous levels (i.e Storm wings: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6879 or Diablo: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=8732) since I can't model worth ****. But it also works well for painting detail (scratches, etc) that you don't want to model.

Sample:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It wasn't necessarily abandoned, I just didn't have time to finish it. When I did have time to finish it, I figured it would have be long forgotten. Though this doesn't seem to be the case. Also there are couple bugs with it. I could fix them but It be hard to support fixes after release due college and other stuff.

Since people still seem interested in it, I'll do my best wrap it up and release when I can.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Take all the time you need Fallen :) It's not like anyone is paying you to do this, you're creating an armor from the kindness of your heart. However, I'll admit I've been anticipating this mod too but try to sacrifice as little as you can to make this happen. I hope you're doing well.

• 9 months later...

Archived