DLC weirdness with the bashed patch

Pkatt

Got a weird thing going on, that I just noticed last night, and I'm not sure what I should do, or how it happened.

My game has been running fairly stable.   I have about 160 mods running, with the bashed patch at the end of the load order, with Dual Sheath Redux and Perkus Maximus.    I use Mod Organizer to run it all.    Like I said, I rarely have any crashes, it runs fairly well, I've been happy with it.

Last night, I decided to add in a 3-4 more mods, all of them were just clothing and armor mods.   

I rebuilt my bashed patched, created the new mod from the overwrite directory, and when I got ready to fire things up again, I notice that everything was missing masters.  

I looked closer, and figured out that the masters that were missing were all the official DLCs,  Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and the other one.

I couldn't find them anywhere!   So I started messing around,  I deactivated the new bashed patch, and reactivated the old one, and they came back.   I realized then, that the DLCs are all inside my original bashed patch. 

Now I'm assuming when I originally built it, I had something checked that should not have been, and just never caught it, because I built the patch and everything worked.   Not sure what happened or how I missed it.

But now, I am stuck wondering, what to do next?   Any advice from anyone on proceeding in the best way possible, and still playing my game, would be appreciated.   I can still run the game with the older profile, but if I add the new mods, I would need to build a new patch, and...well...hopefully you see my dilemma.

When I deactivate the original bashed patch, the DLCs simply are nowhere to be found.  I can't find them in the right pane, unless I activate the original bashed patch, and I can't find them anywhere in the left pane.     Only place I see them are inside the original bashed patch.     Is there a way to extract them back out of there?   Are they lurking somewhere else in Mod Organizer, since they are official, that I can find them?      When I first installed Mod Organizer, there where just "there", because they were in the original Steam directory, I guess.

I'm just not sure exactly what I should do at this point, and wondered if some kind person might recognize what is going on, and give me some advice.

EDIT:   I just reread my post, and just wanted to clarify, especially if someone reads this, and is not familiar with the way Mod Organizer works.   The DLCs are inside the bashed patch "mod" that you make from the overwrite directory, that is inside the left hand pane.   They are not inside the patch itself, that appears in the right pane.   They appear in the right pane, with the other mods, when you activate the patch mod that you created that is in the left side pane.   Hope that makes it clearer, and avoids confusion to any that aren't familiar with MO.  ;)

That's what happens when you clean them with TES5Edit. The easiest solution is to verify the game cache with steam, which will redownload the master files (And you'll then need to clean them again which will bump them back to the overwrite folder). It's probably worth clearing the overwrite folder before you do this, then you can make a separate mod with just the cleaned DLCs to avoid this in the future; I fell foul of this same issue a couple of days ago.

Also, you'll need to start skyrim through steam after verifying to rebuild some registry entries before FNIS and SKSE will work properly.

You should be fine with steam just patching things as long as you installed all your mods through MO and didn't overwrite any of the core game files manually. DNIS and SKSE don't do either of those things, though you'll need to run FNIS before you play with mods (Though you'll need to have laucned skyrim once before FNIS will run)

Hmmmm, just thinking out loud here..    I wonder if it would work if I were to just delete the bashed patch from the original one, leave everything else that is not related to the bashed patch in there, and rename that as my cleaned DLCs mod.   Then make a new bashed patch mod.

Think that would work?

Well, I tried it just to see what happened, and it seemed to work.   crosses fingers.

First I deactivated the mod.

Then I basically just deleted all the bashed patch parts out of the mod that had the bashed patch in it, and left all the DLC, plus whatever else was in there.

Then I reactivated it, so the DLC would come back in the mod list.  

Then I rebuilt the bashed patch, and made it into a new mod, and activated it.

No errors or nothing abnormal showed up in MO, and I loaded it up and played a while, and it seemed to work ok.

cweez, thank you for responding, and letting me know what was going on! 

No problem! Personally I started from scratch since I didn't trust myself to not miss or accidentally delete an important file when trying to mess around with the bashed patch, and I didn't want to get half way through the game only for it to realise that it didn't have some important DLC files because of what I'd done.

Archived