Getting around FootIK

Loyotaemi

So, for a long while I have been trying to get my save game pretty stable, and I think I have gotten there... not really.

Basically, After installing OSA for some Poser mods, I have ran into the issue of my skyrim having a 50% chance of CTDing when loading a save. I have tried re-running FNIS along with verifying the install of XPMSE, but it seems like an issue that will persist as long as I have lots of animations and/or save in an area with a good deal of Actors. I was wondering if there has been any method used by anyone to deal with this wishy washy CTD. If the answer is to simply uninstall the mods (aka path of least resistance), then so be it.

edit: I should note, FootIK is basically the referenced issue via crash fixes . It states that It basically can be resolved by 1) just trying to load it again or 2) reducing the animations loaded into the game.

So, for a long while I have been trying to get my save game pretty stable, and I think I have gotten there... not really.

Basically, After installing OSA for some Poser mods, I have ran into the issue of my skyrim having a 50% chance of CTDing when loading a save. I have tried re-running FNIS along with verifying the install of XPMSE, but it seems like an issue that will persist as long as I have lots of animations and/or save in an area with a good deal of Actors. I was wondering if there has been any method used by anyone to deal with this wishy washy CTD. If the answer is to simply uninstall the mods (aka path of least resistance), then so be it.

edit: I should note, FootIK is basically the referenced issue via crash fixes . It states that It basically can be resolved by 1) just trying to load it again or 2) reducing the animations loaded into the game.

Best thing you can do is create a janitor save file in the coc qasmoke test area with a new character. Helps a lot with your character failing to load. Basically load up the janitor file then your main character.

I would reduce animations, i personally only use poser's for a specific load order, then a normal playthrough. 

Ah, So basically two load orders; one where posers are used and then another where you actually play.

seems to be a decent idea but I will try your first option of just reducing animations, then use the test spot I have (which has like 12930128038120 NPCs fighting). If it fails, then Will see through the making of two load orders.

There might be another option, but you need meh321 to see if it would work. That's to say, as meh321 is popping up a dialog to say that the FookIK thing has happened it would seem that there is still some control available at that point over the executables, erm, execution, (rather than a straight crash to desk top). So instead of popping up a dialog, how about an annoying beep and a call into the code which goes back to the main menu, (i.e. what it does when you select quit and you select 'go to main menu' rather than desktop). In theory that should put it back into a clean state(*) for a second attempt at loading the save, or at least allow you to try a different save without having to start the actual game again.

(*) I said in theory, because from experience that isn't always the case. But might be worth a shot.

Archived