Character Appearence and Mods

Molevalence

Hello everyone. I have little time to play Skyrim these days due to work, and it's such a pain when I have to spend what little time I have trying to fix something but this one makes me scratch my head. Not because its the first time it has happened but the fact that it does this every time I load a previous save, make a new game and save then reload or load all together.

I am familiar with this issue: When you load your game ( I have a buffer save to load from where my PC is made and all the mods are tweaked to the way I want them) and your character is bald with no eyes and all your mods reset back to default status as if you made a new game and all the mods are registering for the first time. To me this usually happens when I install a mod that has something to do with cosmetics or sometimes even armor but this is different. I changed nothing to my mod list and every time I load I have to deal with this issue even with new games saving/going through the mod tweaking process which can take almost 45 minutes saving/reloading and loading back to this.

This is rather frustrating and I am trying to get a specific mod setup created as well as a PC so when I get home in the late fall I can use this on my new PC. I only have about 3 hours to myself each day until November so I just wanted to ask if anyone is familiar with this issue, what causes it and how to fix it? Any information would greatly help.

try this :) load up your save file. see if it gets fked up. then instead of close to desktop , clsoe to main menu and then reload your save file from there. IF THAT doesn't work try to load from another save file after giving the game some 30 minutes to load THEN load up your main save.

XD

try this :) load up your save file. see if it gets fked up. then instead of close to desktop , clsoe to main menu and then reload your save file from there. IF THAT doesn't work try to load from another save file after giving the game some 30 minutes to load THEN load up your main save.

XD

I tried all your suggestions but they do not work. I can easily fix the appearance by loading up my preset but the mods re-registering themselves again is just strange. I also dont feel like spending 45 minutes tweaking all my mods whenever I need to reload a file or go through a door. :s

I've had this issue before, it happens everytime I add more than 250 mods to my load order. It fixes itself as soon as I remove a mod or two but the save is irreversibly damaged.

Could that be it?

I am sitting at about 220 mods right now. I removed a bunch of ones I rarely use anymore to free up some space. I did a new game, saved then reloaded and my character was not bald but the skin was glitchy and somewhat flaky? Must be a texture issue. Also the mods didnt re-register so that is a good sign.

Update: Just wanted to let everyone know that the issue has been resolved for the time being. I will archive this post in case this happens again but I now have a better understanding on what causes this issue. Thank you again to everyone who responded. :)

Archived