DATA folder with Mod already installed!!

Kahn81

Not really.

First there are copyrights problems:

* No way the files from Bethesda can be uploaded (xyz.esm)

* The mod authors in many cases (99%) do not allow to upload their mod elsewhere

And then you have the problem of: what mods?

There are so many mods that it is impossible to have a standard installation

And then the size.

My personal Skyrim installation (actually the Mod Organizer folder) is more than 135GB.

Theoretically speaking, a bundle of the most popular framework mods could be created.

SkyUI, Sexlab, Devious Devices (ZAZ, assets, integration, expansion) and perhaps one or two other mods (such as basic body models\textures).

In practice, it would be incredibly unfair to the creators of those framework mods, who each deserve to get as many downloads, upvotes and praise as they can get, rather than having their name listed somewhere in the credits of a mod bundle and having their mod page never be viewed again.

It just isn't right, not to mention bundling 4-5 basic mods together barely has any effect, considering a typical install includes far far more mods than that. Also, installing those mods is good practice, and provides valuable experience to those new to modding.

AIO's are at their core, not very practical.  The need for constant updates, compatibility patches and lack of user preferences are just a small part of the issue.  Throw in permissions to make such a bundle of mods and you have a right mess.  Support is another issue altogether.  Plus there is one other problem....the dumbing down of users.  Running a setup exe to install things keeps folks from delving into modding, which might lead to folks not joining the ranks of modders.  That is something that could kill modding altogether.  Not saying it would happen, but it is the desire to tinker that gets many modders started on their dive into the abyss.   :P

• 2 months later...

Not really.

First there are copyrights problems:

* No way the files from Bethesda can be uploaded (xyz.esm)

* The mod authors in many cases (99%) do not allow to upload their mod elsewhere

And then you have the problem of: what mods?

There are so many mods that it is impossible to have a standard installation

And then the size.

My personal Skyrim installation (actually the Mod Organizer folder) is more than 135GB.

Hello,

sorry if i answer only now. i have a problem with the animations, them do not start.

I installed all the mod necessary, i used NMM, LOOT and finis but nothing.

You can do some suggestion for solve?

thk

if you need other info am at your disposal

Archived