Yet another Defeat + Creatures doesn't work thread

FOR ANYONE ELSE LOOKING FOR POSSIBLE ANSWERS:

Defeat > Reconfigure > Success

Also, you can use the command "player.placeatme 00023ABE" to summon a wolf to test it on. If you can surrender, it works.

ORIGINAL POST:

Defeat does not allow creatures to take advantage of my character, they just keep attacking. I've successfully had this up and running before, but I recently did a complete reinstall, and must have missed something. The most telling detail is that in the Defeat menu, under Enable (or disable) Creature Races, nothing is listed. I have used Hentai Creatures to trigger sex scenes, and that all works fine.

Primary mods involved:

Sexlab

More Nasty Creatures

Bad Dog's Immersive Creatures

Defeat

I have checked and double checked the pre-req mods, and ensured all of them are up to date. I've followed the load order guide mentioned on the MNC page.

Also...

Creature animations are enabled

Restrict aggressive scenes is disabled

FNIS has been run, several times

Other clues:

Nothing displayed under Defeat > Victim Settings > Enable/Disable Creature Races

No creature mods listed under Defeat > List Compatible Mods

Any ideas what could prevent Defeat from loading the compatible creature races and/or mods, and how I get it to do so?

In the SexLab MCM do you have Creatures enabled?

Also, this has happened a couple of times.  Go to Creature Framework.  Hit Uninstall (some time in the game may have to pass before you're able to hit it) , close the menu, go back in CFW and hit reregister right above uninstall, and close out, then go find some wolves to surrender too

See if that works

1. The most telling detail is that in the Defeat menu, under Enable (or disable) Creature Races, nothing is listed.
  2. I have used Hentai Creatures to trigger sex scenes, and that all works fine.
  3. Sexlab, More Nasty Creatures,Bad Dog's Immersive Creatures,Defeat
  4. Creature animations are enabled [in sexlab]
  5. Restrict aggressive scenes is disabled
  6. FNIS has been run, several times
  7. Nothing displayed under Defeat > Victim Settings > Enable/Disable Creature Races
  8. No creature mods listed under Defeat > List Compatible Mods
  9. Any ideas what could prevent Defeat from loading the compatible creature races and/or mods, and how I get it to do so?
  1. that's okay, mine doesn't either (nice try btw, i had to look myself and toggle, but no)
  2. that's good. so this isn't a "missing API reference" thread. yay!
  3. n/a
  4. great.
  5. n/a
  6. n/a. you don't have the symptoms of that either
  7. see #1
  8. that's okay, mine doesn't either
  9. hopefully

well, you see, in an installation that is good, you only really need to hit "enable creature animations" in order to start seeing surrender animations work just freaking fine, once defeat is enabled....

now, what was i doing wrong the last time i was unable to surrender to wolves??? hrmmm...these troubleshooting threads seem to blur together - hard to focus - uhm...lemmie think i'll get back to you

EDIT: so if i, with a good install, try to enable simply sexlab, then creature animations, then enable defeat - i get the same "you can't surrender to this enemy" (wolf) either.  And that's weird, because i swear to god last time i tried that exact sequence it worked like a charm. $^$%$%@

POST EDIT: ahhhh..that was it. you just need to be freaking patient until the MCMs finish registering. that's all. What you are initially looking for (since it takes the longest) is this message:

post-899217-0-89245600-1471392263_thumb.jpg

and then you enable sexlab and wait for this message:

post-899217-0-92559400-1471392270_thumb.jpg

and then you enable create animations and wait for this message:

post-899217-0-27609400-1471392277_thumb.jpg

after that you're off to the races

Sorry about the delay, I just wanted to try your suggestions before reporting back. I tried uninstalling/re-registering CFW like WCSC said, and disabling/reenabling creature animations like majorfreak suggested. Thank you both, but neither worked.  :-/

HOWEVER, I spent a little more time playing around with the debug features in Sexlab and Defeat. Turns out it was as simple as telling Defeat to "reconfigure" :facepalm:

Thank again for your help, however!

I don't think it was a matter of patience. When I initially noticed it wasn't working, I had been running around outside of Winterhold for at least 15 minutes. Regardless, hopefully this helps the next poor soul who has this problem.

I don't think it was a matter of patience. When I initially noticed it wasn't working, I had been running around outside of Winterhold for at least 15 minutes. Regardless, hopefully this helps the next poor soul who has this problem.

let me rephrase then...

"...before entering the MCM menus yourself and enabling defeat (and anything else)"

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this is of any help but, for me the culprit was creature framework. I re-enbled the mod and with the two boxes re-ticked on top and boom it started working again.

CF is only for creature schlongs. and the two boxes are ticked by default.

post-899217-0-80928900-1475623432_thumb.jpg

But, since this thread was pretty much garbage anyways, i don't suppose it could hurt besides the necromancy on an old thread

Archived