Lost Texture or Mesh

macnchz

Hello Again Fabulous Community!

I am being needy today with a second request for assistance.  I seem to be missing one of the "fur shoes" meshes or textures recently, and I cannot seem to find any mod/esp with them.  Yes, I use bodyslide with the same body I have been using for many months.  All new armor/clothing mods do not have the text/mesh for fur armor.  Kinda at a loss, just want to have the feet reappear if any pc/npc wears those particular footwear ( i think there are 3-4 different items).  

Thank you again for your help  

Hmph... You may have used a mod that had loose files overwriting them, and removed it again while your game is still looking for them and doesn't notice that they're gone and it has to use the default textures/meshes from the bsa archives again. 

That sucks and happened to me too, and as I was too lazy to find out WHY this is happening, I just got the textures that I previously deleted back. 

But I'm not using any modmanager, so I don't know how you'd fix that, but my best guess would be trying to unpack the original bsa archive and add the fur shoes meshes and textures as loose files. (with and within the folders they belong to) I don't know how you'd do that with MO/NMM. 

• 2 months later...

Hmph... You may have used a mod that had loose files overwriting them, and removed it again while your game is still looking for them and doesn't notice that they're gone and it has to use the default textures/meshes from the bsa archives again. 

That sucks and happened to me too, and as I was too lazy to find out WHY this is happening, I just got the textures that I previously deleted back. 

But I'm not using any modmanager, so I don't know how you'd fix that, but my best guess would be trying to unpack the original bsa archive and add the fur shoes meshes and textures as loose files. (with and within the folders they belong to) I don't know how you'd do that with MO/NMM. 

Sounds reasonable, I unpack all bsa files as loose files as a default in MO.  I am pretty certain what you described is what happened.  I will have to look through removed armor mods and put them back in.  Thank you for the advice. 

• 2 weeks later...

Solved:  

Load order, and bodyslide texture selection.  I used overlapping mods for fur armor, and one mod overwrote the other.  then I selected the overwritten mods textures, which resulted in missing texture reference. 

Archived