Script Compilation Issues

chimiz

Hello!

Like many others I like to do small personal edits here and there, usually small things like adding or removing tags to certain animations, or setting specific animation timers to specific animations. 

I know that I got the compiling working some months ago, but I barely remember what all I had to do to get it working. 

What would be the best way to do small edits and recompile? 

I'm using MO, and have everything installed through there, but I'm not 100% sure how to get the compilation working through there. Could it be done by setting up the CK through MO? 

I think that I earlier used to copy the mods who contained files I wished to edit, into the actual skyrim folder and run it with the Papyrus Compiler that is in the Skyrim folder, so I tried to do that, installing the Scripts from the scripts.rar, installing SKSE and SKYUI, including the scripts, then installing sexlab into the  skyrim folder as well. 

However, as an example, I was editing tags in the sslCreatureAnimationDefaults.psc, and went to compile it with the Papyrus Compiler, I get greeted with a long row of "unknown user flag hidden" spam. I've tried to look around, but the only thing I came up with was someone who didn't have their TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg file in the correct folder, I'm not even sure if it's related, but I do know that I do have that file in my scripts/Source folder.

Does anyone know what could be up? Or even better, if there's a better way of going about this?

Hello.

Compiling scripts running CK through MO is a little bit tricky.

Mainly because the dependencies will not be found (the Papyrus Compiler is run under CK and does not get the virtual folders of MO.)

I do modding and compiling using MO, but I use an extension I did for Notepad++ to achieve this.

It is in the download section, if you wanna try.

Hello.

Mainly because the dependencies will not be found (the Papyrus Compiler is run under CK and does not get the virtual folders of MO.)

I do modding and compiling using MO, but I use an extension I did for Notepad++ to achieve this.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll check it out immediately.

Be aware that you need to edit the file (NPPCompiler.bat) by using the correct paths for Skyrim, Mod Organizer, and all the folders that are your mods that you need to compile (like SkyUI, SexLab, etc.)

Hello.

Thank you, your thread helped alot. It got more and more familiar to me, obviously it was what I had used before, but the setup to use with MO worked great. Of course I had to edit the .bat files quite extensively due to different filepaths, but it worked out swimmingly in the end, notepad++ compiles them without errors, now I will just have to get in game in a bit and check so everything was changed properly. You're a champ!

Archived