How to copy npc from a mod

Huntrezz

Hello there. :D 

I been having a great deal of fun with mods from here and great respect to all you hard working authors on this board. Skyrim has never been this epic and lewd until now. :D

Anyhow recently after i tried out sisterhood of dibella i was wondering if it was possible to copy a npc and make it a standalone follower.

The other thing i would like to do is using that npc head as a preset for my pc.

Specifically a "traveling sister of dibella". Unsure if its vanilla or DibellaCult it gets the geometry, but targeting in racemenu it appears to be from the later.

I tried things like racemenu mimic plugin, nothing seemed to happened after i cast the spell.

The spf command was mentioned in a topic but, it seems to be just for my character?

And last i tried alternate actors mod, well it almost worked however a few facial parameters where not exactly how the npc really looked like.

I'm quite stuck here, so i think i am way over my head if it's possible at all.

I'm still really new to mods though so my apologies if i missed a few things.

please help and thank you. :)

In theory you should be able to go into the mod folder and take the desired NPC files out and install them manually into your Skyrim. I DO NOT recommend doing that though as that's putting something designed to run in the mod outside of it. However, that should work (in theory) so long as you install it right.

Manual install: Take the desired file. In that file should be a whole bunch of folders, they correspond to folders in the Skyrim directory. Go into the matching folder and take the files out, add them to the folder in the Skyrim directory. Since you are adding new files it should not ask (do you want to overwrite files) unless you have the mod with the NPC installed already (in this case I don't really know why you want to separately install a specific NPC). After that it (should) exist in your game.

While doing that will probably work you'll hit some problems. If that NPC has any unique dialogue from the mod the dialogue might not be there anymore, and you will also most likely have to spawn it in manually as the mod is (probably) what spawns it in your game.

All said and done that should work out for you, although I DO NOT recommend running things outside of their respective mod.

The other thing i would like to do is using that npc head as a preset for my pc.

data\meshes\actors\facegendata\dibella\id of npc.nif

you copy paste that in skse\plugin\chargen, and rename it to something to know what it is

tesedit, you type the id od that npc, and check its weight

showracemenu, you select the weight of that npc (some have gaps between neck and body because they don't do that), import head, done

and instead of adding another useless npc, just give that head to a follower that already exist (from game or mod)

by replacing id of npc.nif by that one (name of meshes have to be the same as original, original is femaleheadnord, new isn't, you rename to femaleheadnord or head won't load)

If you're using RaceMenu v3, there's a "Mimic" plugin in the optional files section of the Mod. (Can be found on the Nexus)

Read the description page carefully to know how to use it. 

It adds a spell with which you can copy the face and hair of any NPC - no matter if it is a vanilla one, an altered one or one added by a mod, and use it as your own face/hair.

You might still want to go into RaceMenu after that to adjust everything, as it doesn't seem to change the actual face texture or skin color, you'll have to do that yourself. But you get the preset and the hair, even the right color.

There's another mod out there that turns followers into player characters, but I forgot the name. Some people say it's quite buggy, for others it seems to work fine. You can find the thread in which it was mentioned somewhere in the general discussion section of the Skyrim forums of LL. I think the thread is named: Public Plea for xxx

Hope that helps, at least for the PC part of your question. :)

Archived