Converting Skyrim Outfits to Fallout 4?

• 2 years later...
On 8/4/2016 at 6:36 PM, Jordick said:

Quick question for those who might be more knowledgeable than me.

I'm currently trying to convert this one Skyrim outfit to Fallout 4 and I've almost completed the process, but at the end I ran into wall.

Here's the original outfit how it looks in Skyrim:

Reveal hidden contents

20141227141101bb8.jpg

And here's the converted one in Fallout 4:

Reveal hidden contents

x1An99r.jpg

As you can see, the converted outfit in Fallout 4 doesn't have transparency like the original outfit has in Skyrim.

I've tried using the Nifskope to make the textures transparent as shown in this tutorial, but no luck there.

I suspect that I'll have to do something with the Material Editor too, but the question is what?

Any help on how to add transparency to outfits in Fallout 4 would be greatly aprreciated.

Adding Transparency to outfits is basically just ticking the Alpha test Box in its Material file(BGSM) under the General Tab.

• 11 months later...

After i convert Skyrim costume to Fallout 4 if you wear that costume (no matter modded or just replaced standard outfit by nif) Fallout 4 when you fast travel crashes to desktop. If you save game with this outfit on you,  when you try to load this save, game crashes to desktop. If i disable this costume or change a nif damaged save loaded normally. Any idea why?

6 hours ago, Elsidia said:

After i convert Skyrim costume to Fallout 4 if you wear that costume (no matter modded or just replaced standard outfit by nif) Fallout 4 when you fast travel crashes to desktop. If you save game with this outfit on you,  when you try to load this save, game crashes to desktop. If i disable this costume or change a nif damaged save loaded normally. Any idea why?

Bad or broken meshes cause the game to crash. Basically you messed up, and without looking at the actual file, no one could tell you what you did wrong.

3 hours ago, rikaco said:

Bad or broken meshes cause the game to crash. Basically you messed up, and without looking at the actual file, no one could tell you what you did wrong.

I partially solve the problem but still not satisfied. I'm glad if you take look in archive.

Game now not crashed after teleport but textures are damaged: in archive are samples: before teleport and after. I solved the problem after convert dds using gimp 2.10.14.

Spoiler

Found that tutorial: Now, we need to open up the .dds file with Gimp. This should be as simple as firing up gimp, selecting open and opening up silversword.dds. Uncheck Load mipmaps so that you load only the main texture layer. Edit the image to your heart's content, then simply save it, by clicking File>Save As. A saving dialogue box will open, where it says Compression select BC1/DXT1 then check the flag next to Generate Mipmaps then click save.

I do this with d and n files then create new custom bgsm 16bs. Only difference from tutorial is that, there no save as: in that version gimp is export to dds. Others option i left how gimp set. Not pay attention of bgsm: in sample nif is 14bs what is  standard dds from skyrim and cause crash. In nif what i use in game i replace that with 16bs what not crashed but cause texture failure. My future test show if i convert only d file but n file left original - game crashes too. And test show if after tp you save and then load game: textures return to the normal. The same if you do armor modification in armorer bench to other texture of that costume and then change back to that model. For outfit creation i use outfit studio.

Important note to copyright: i use those skyrim models only for myself not distribute my mod to others. Because i have no rights to do it.

meshes.7z

Ok. That's not texture problem. That's my GPU too low for Fallout 4. And after teleport it's load blurry textures to save gpu memory. need buy new PC)

Edited: After some Fallout graphics settings change i got that textures restore if you reequip the same armor on that slot. No always work as example in "Memory Den" is too many textures but better that nothing)

Archived