Help building a mod

So I'm trying to build my own house from scratch for a small mod I'm making, and the geck tutorials I've found so far confuse the hell out of me. Would anyone be willing to help me out?

As this mod progresses to a point that I'm ready to share it, (beyond the little rinkydink thing I've got for my base that is) Any and all help will be FULLY credited. I intend to share it on Nexus, so for anyone who helps I'll need your Nexus screenname if you have one to credit you.

• 2 weeks later...

Aligning walls mainly.From what I've read theres supposed to be some sort of "snap to" function that makes sure all the walls are synched or whatever, closes gaps and eliminates overlap flash glitches, but every time I've tried it it throws my walls to opposite sides of the render window.

And this isn't a usage issue so much as an annoyance, but why are all of the doors in the Craftsman Interiors set corners or hallways? What if I don't want to put a door in a corner or a hallway?

Certainly. I can have a basic floorplan and description in notime.

How hard is it to make a custom category in the GECK item lists? I want to make a set of custom unique loot containers, and I'd like to group them together for easy finding. I don't mean custom textures or anything like that, just unique versions of existing stuff.

This is the location for the house, across the street from the Schoolhouse.

This is a basic floorplan for the house. An architect I ain't :P

If more is needed let me know and I'll give screenshots or some such. Tell me what you need and I will provide it to the best of my ability. Thank you very very very much Silk. If you don't want to do this yourself, a more helpful tutorial than what is available on the Geck website is excellent. Their building tutorial is for a vault, scaling back all that to a little house was breaking my brain.

If by chance you do decide to just do the work, this is the mod it needs to be added to http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/46382.

However you choose to help, thank you very very very very much!!!

Archived