Specialanims animations not working. Stumped.

I am totally confused and seem to be the only one with this problem. In the past, I had downloaded some animations for the player only such as running forward and jumping. Recently I have tried installing these mods again and they don't seem to work at all and I'm convinced STEAM has something to do about it.

From what I understand, player only animations go in the 'specialanims' folder. Thats where they are placed when you download and extra the files. For some reason, whatever files I place in there dont want to work at all. I have the latest OBSE and Oblivion mod manager. Is there something important Im missing that everyone seems to know about? Was there an update recently that messes with the mods?

I have been trying to find a solution for days and I have no idea what the problem is. I installed Hentai mania that adds a bunch of animations and they wont work either. I never had this issue before and Im convinced it has something to do with it being the STEAM version. I have tried clean installs and trying 1 mod at a time. No luck.

Ok, solved my own problem. The specialanims folder requires an 'esp.'which I found in the Pretty Woman run animation which brings up another question. Why are these other animations without this esp. and just the .kf files? Are they assuming people already downloaded this specific file and already have the specialanims.esp? Even in the readme texts simply say put the file in and nothing about the esp.

Ok' date=' solved my own problem. The specialanims folder requires an 'esp.'which I found in the Pretty Woman run animation which brings up another question. Why are these other animations without this esp. and just the .kf files? Are they assuming people already downloaded this specific file and already have the specialanims.esp? Even in the readme texts simply say put the file in and nothing about the esp.

[/quote']

Ok, this may be a touch long winded but I will try to explain this as best I can:

If the animation is a "replacer" (meaning it replaces something that comes in the vanilla game - this means it HAS to have the same name) then you don't need an esp as it "replaces" the existing animation that is in the bsa file from the original vanilla game. Thus the new animation becomes the "default".

Now if it is an "addon" then you will need an esp to assign who uses it and when. Just installing the kf animation file won't actually do anything as it is a custom file that oblivion must be told to use through an esp file.

That is simple enough so far but the lines get really blurry when you install a bunch of mods. You could be installing a "addon" animation mod that doesn't contain an esp file and low and behold it works and ends up acting like a "replacer". The reason for this is that there may already be a mod that has an esp that is pointing at those custom animations so oblivion sees and uses them.

Hope that clears things up rather than confuses you more. :)

That esp from the 'Pretty Woman' animation is the one I'm using for ages to handle any special animation added to its respective folder.

I'm not having any of the 'Pretty Woman' animations installed but a wild mix from many different packs, this one tiny esp is all it takes to force the game to use them, be it 'Sinkpoints Martial Arts', 'DMC Stylish' (+ 'Sword Dancer' addon for left-handed attacks), 'Silver Ranger' and others. No additional esp needed.

NPCs' animations will be replaced if they are dumped into the 'Characters/_male' folder (also to make them show up as new inventory player character stances), if they are put into the 'Characters/Specialanims' folder, they become player-only animations. 'Hentaimania' is notorious for replacing lots of custom stances. When I reinstalled it, I totally forgot about them. Then I started the game, I was like "HUH?! WHUZZAT?" :D

That esp from the 'Pretty Woman' animation is the one I'm using for ages to handle any special animation added to its respective folder.

I'm not having any of the 'Pretty Woman' animations installed but a wild mix from many different packs' date=' this one tiny esp is all it takes to force the game to use them, be it 'Sinkpoints Martial Arts', 'DMC Stylish' (+ 'Sword Dancer' addon for left-handed [i']attacks[/i]), 'Silver Ranger' and others. No additional esp needed.

NPCs' animations will be replaced if they are dumped into the 'Characters/_male' folder (also to make them show up as new inventory player character stances), if they are put into the 'Characters/Specialanims' folder, they become player-only animations. 'Hentaimania' is notorious for replacing lots of custom stances. When I reinstalled it, I totally forgot about them. Then I started the game, I was like "HUH?! WHUZZAT?" :D

nice poontank, i made the dmc stylish handle all the animations i wanted "dmc for fighting, woman move for walking, stylish jumps for jumping, pretty woman for running and some idle poses, and the default sexy idle with bbb", my game looks pretty funny with all those working together, i'm still working on adding the "actors in charge" poses to an specific race, i want my lich race to float, not walk, oh well, a girl can only dream, unless learn how to do that

nice poontank' date=' i made the dmc stylish handle all the animations i wanted "dmc for fighting, woman move for walking, stylish jumps for jumping, pretty woman for running and some idle poses, and the default sexy idle with bbb", my game looks pretty funny with all those working together, i'm still working on adding the "actors in charge" poses to an specific race, i want my lich race to float, not walk, oh well, a girl can only dream, unless learn how to do that

[/quote']

That's funny that others are doing the same things. I wish all the anims used the specialanim.esp...I had a nice set up until I decided to go with Mur_Zik's Sexy Walk omod. Now I have the Pretty Woman run instead of the Natural Walk run I liked better. Oh well.

Iris, what "sexy idle with bbb" are you using? Is it the seductiveidleb? If so, could you pm with some help? I've been trying to find that and add it outside of the godawful Personality Idles 4 and haven't been having much luck. Thanks!

Plasma, glad you got your walk straightened out!

That's funny that others are doing the same things. I wish all the anims used the specialanim.esp...I had a nice set up until I decided to go with Mur_Zik's Sexy Walk omod. Now I have the Pretty Woman run instead of the Natural Walk run I liked better. Oh well.

This is rather easy to fix you know. All you would have to do is extract the run kf file from the Natural Walk mod' date=' then drag and drop it into your special animations folder to overwrite the run you don't like.

Iris, what "sexy idle with bbb" are you using? Is it the seductiveidleb? If so, could you pm with some help? I've been trying to find that and add it outside of the godawful Personality Idles 4 and haven't been having much luck. Thanks!

Have you looked at Fore's NoMaam mod over at the nexus? It has some BBB idles in it. If Iris doesn't have what you are after just holler and I will see what all I have archived.

nice poontank' date=' i made the dmc stylish handle all the animations i wanted "dmc for fighting, woman move for walking, stylish jumps for jumping, pretty woman for running and some idle poses, and the default sexy idle with bbb", my game looks pretty funny with all those working together, i'm still working on adding the "actors in charge" poses to an specific race, i want my lich race to float, not walk, oh well, a girl can only dream, unless learn how to do that

[/quote']

Plasma, glad you got your walk straightened out!

oh that, well i have the seductive idle and i fused it with the bbb version, so it should work like magic, here is the original so you don't need my strange "fused together".esp

This is rather easy to fix you know. All you would have to do is extract the run kf file from the Natural Walk mod' date=' then drag and drop it into your special animations folder to overwrite the run you don't like.

Have you looked at Fore's NoMaam mod over at the nexus? It has some BBB idles in it. If Iris doesn't have what you are after just holler and I will see what all I have archived.

Thanks for the tip, Greg, I'll give it a go. As for the other animations, I'm rocking all of Fore's NoMaam animations I believe. There's just some random BBB idle animations I've seen (like in some of FlingingFeces vids) that I want. One I know, the seductiveidleb, the hands on hips swaying - same one the Anvil lady gang uses. I've only been able to get it to work with Personality Idles 4 but that atrocious mod made all my pc/nps do a Riverdance while idle so screw that. The other is a swaying one hand weapon idle I've also seen in FF videos.

If you have a knowledge of either of those, I'd love a hint. Otherwise, I'll just keep plugging away at 'em. :)

oh that' date=' well i have the seductive idle and i fused it with the bbb version, so it should work like magic, here is the original so you don't need my strange "fused together".esp

[/quote']

Hah! You posted right as I was replying to Gregathit. Thanks Iris, I'll give that a download and see if I can make sense of it. Much appreciated.

It's true, the esp from 'DMC Stylish' is also capable of handling a lot of custom animations.

I'm not too fond of 'Stylish Jump' though, I couldn't say where my unarmed 'Jumploop' originally came from. Probably either 'Pretty Woman' or 'Princess Walk' (?). It's more along the lines of the jumping stance seen in old Kung-Fu movies where fighters effortlessly leap over buildings, with arms spread and the body in an upright position:

adventuregear.jpg

Old pic is old. It was done a long time before installing Qarl's Textures, 'Natural Waters' and 'All Natural'. The background looks rather crappy.

In those 70s movies, they just played a sequence of people jumping from buildings backwards :D, long before wire-work became the norm.

I was under the impression the Anvil deceptive sirens' idle animation is 'Seductiveidle A'?

What NoMaam animations are you using? The standard ones or the breathing idles? Because the latter are a great addition, addressing that 'invisible boob-jiggler' problem - breasts moving every two seconds for no reason. With the breathing movement of the whole chest, it looks much more realistic and better despite the overall stance of the body being the rather boring vanilla one.

I might try what Iris cooked up though, as 'Seductiveidle B' is still one of my favourite idle poses ever.

For melee fighting/power attacks, I love using the exaggerated animations from the FF 'Weaponskill' pack - kewl jumping attacks, sword-flips....

Edit: I totally forgot to mention the awesomeness of your Bayonetta avatar, Shockins!

Edit: I totally forgot to mention the awesomeness of your Bayonetta avatar' date=' Shockins!

[/quote']

Heh, thanks! She is just too cool for school. Why no one has made a mod where you can play as her I will never know. If one of you incredibly talented modders ever decided to work up a convicing Bayonetta character or armor, I'd probably save up for a plane ticket and come give you a handy...

Ahem, but as to what anims I'm using, I use both the standard NoMaaM and the breathing idles (though in practice I need to reinstall and not choose "strong" breathing :P ). As per the seductive idles, can I just add them to my custom OMOD with Pretty Woman's specialanims .esp? I was under the impression that I needed to do something with TES4Edit or the CS too which scared me off...stop me if this needs it's own thread.

• 6 months later...

I had Mur Zik's animation working then when I added some more addons of mods they just stopped working for me also. I am about to see if I got it right this time. hopefully its fixed.

Update:

It still didn't work.. :'[ I don't know what seems to be the problem now. Things that I added were simple and armor mods etc. Thats all I really added. I don't see how this would make it stop working..

eh screw it! Im just going to do a complete reinstall. :P

Archived