Texture (LOD?) broken

Anyone experience an issue similar to this? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=722161108 the building in the upper left corner, I'm assuming it's a problem with the LOD files because the issue goes away when I get close. I have a good number of mods, but none of them are texture replacers to my knowledge, or anything that would interfere with LOD files.

EDIT: After further testing I'm not so sure it's the LOD files any more, had it happen to a dead raider's head that I was almost literally standing on top of.

that looks like a corrupt texture. and if its not corrupt on disk then something may be wrong with ram or vram. or running out of either. or bug in driver.

i have only seen that once, in skyrim, when i was trying to run on my surface pro and the hd textures were running it out of vram. it was an intel hd chip in that thing.

Was afraid the GPU might be dying, I actually had to have it replaced once already because it did die (had terrible artefacting in every game), guess this will be the last time I buy an XFX card. I don't have any texture overhauls installed, I did install a LOD mod to see if it would fix the issue, but it didn't. I'm running through Mod Organizer, which does use a virtual installation or whatever they call it, could that be the issue?

Was afraid the GPU might be dying, I actually had to have it replaced once already because it did die (had terrible artefacting in every game), guess this will be the last time I buy an XFX card. I don't have any texture overhauls installed, I did install a LOD mod to see if it would fix the issue, but it didn't. I'm running through Mod Organizer, which does use a virtual installation or whatever they call it, could that be the issue?

It's worth a shot trying it without mod organizer.

I have seen this problem on an r9390, a gtx 780 and a gtx 750m, it has been reported on several others but those are the only cards I had available to test with. I Tested with different driver versions and different o/s, the problem is with fo4 and started in 1.3, has nothing to do with drivers and is not caused by gpu memory.

The only thing I can find in common for this problem is possible data corruption when fo4 starts writing to the virtual memory, and it always starts writing to the drive at 8G even if there is more RAM available. I set the pagefile initial and maximum size to 12G  through windows and cannot duplicate the problem anymore so maybe that's the trick. I don't have time to mess with it until the weekend so maybe someone else can test this out and see if makes any difference.

Archived