FNIS causes CTD

shebop

It has been a while since I played my current game.  I stopped playing because of a crash.  I have recently narrowed down the crash to an FNIS update where I added the creature pack and a new version of FNIS.  After updating the everyhing (including running FNIS), that was when I started experiencing the crash.  If I remove the FNIS created files, the game loads fine.  Any ideas?

Maybe too much fnis animations, I had similar problems with several pose mods and many sexlab plugins.

If you load a game which was saved in an area with other npc and it crashes, try to load a game which was saved in a small area, no npc around (type coc qasmoke in console, you will get to a test room, install all your fnis stuff, load the test room, then load your current savegame).

And check out some skse engine fixes, bug fixes, memory allocator...

Probably too many animations. I have the same thing. There are 3 options:

1. Remove some of the animations.

2. Try loading the save until it works

3. Load a save from the beggining of the game (LaL starting room, for example) and after that load your normal save. Works 100% of the time.

It has been a while since I played my current game.  I stopped playing because of a crash.  I have recently narrowed down the crash to an FNIS update where I added the creature pack and a new version of FNIS.  After updating the everyhing (including running FNIS), that was when I started experiencing the crash.  If I remove the FNIS created files, the game loads fine.  Any ideas?

Can you explain a little bit more?

Do you crash

- BEFORE reaching main menu?

- when creating a new game

- or when trying to continue / load a previous game?

It happens when I load a save.  It doesn't seem to matter which save I load.  (I have only tried two but they are at completely different points and locationas in the game).  I will try your suggestions.

Ok... weird.  next I activated my memory blocks log to see if that was it and that time coc qasmoke worked and I was able to load into my savegame.  must have been a fluke.  So... I will need to load to a "beginning room" each time?

Ok... weird.  next I activated my memory blocks log to see if that was it and that time coc qasmoke worked and I was able to load into my savegame.  must have been a fluke.  So... I will need to load to a "beginning room" each time?

Only after you start Skyrim. After that you can load whichever save you want. Or you could just remove some of the animations.

Archived