Modded Mods in TESVEdit - Checking for Errors

hey guys - i recently modded some mods (player home mods) in TESVEdit. i deleted all of the mannequins and pedestals in some of the mods that had like 100 mannequins in them (lame)

So the question is everything works fine but when i open the esp in TESVEdit and "check for errors" there are some that I don't know if it will matter down the line in terms of stability (see attached)

Do you have to recompile the mod or something after you edit it? if so how is it done to finalize edits?

thanks

post-1071799-0-71071400-1467406929_thumb.jpg

The problem is you deleted the objects but not the marker that was placing the objects, so it will very likely cause ctds at some point.

You need to delete the markers that place the object instead it would be perfectly safe to leave the object in the mod but it's not safe to delete the objects and not the placement markers, hope that makes sense.

You don't have to recompile anything, just remember that any edit is final and if you mess up don't save or you will need to look in the tesedit backup folder to restore the earlier version.

The problem is you deleted the objects but not the marker that was placing the objects, so it will very likely cause ctds at some point.

You need to delete the markers that place the object instead it would be perfectly safe to leave the object in the mod but it's not safe to delete the objects and not the placement markers, hope that makes sense.

You don't have to recompile anything, just remember that any edit is final and if you mess up don't save or you will need to look in the tesedit backup folder to restore the earlier version.

yup i have a backup of the original esp in a designated folder for any mods i even think about opening up.

can you drop a hint as to where i can find the placement markers? thanks!

rpw - after assessing the errors i found that they actually spelled out where they were. i got most of them cleaned up. the funny part is that some of these house mods come with errors in them?

i gotta admit tho... parsing thru these errors is mind-numbing.

thanks for your help rpw... :cool:

Archived