Games that seem to hate controllers...

Rokabur

Just what is with some games recently and refusing to map controls correctly? Have my controller configured in both Big Picture mode in Steam and with the x360ce emulator program and the game still has buttons mapped wrong. Hyper Light Drifter can't even use a controller, no matter what I do the pause button is mapped to R2 despite R2 being the button to use guns. Ori and the Blind Forest, everything except a single button is mapped correctly, the button that lets you grab to push/pull items and glide remains bound to the Shift key. A few other games refuse to map controls correctly but can't remember which. A few games people have posted on forums for 2-3 years and the devs just seem to ignore everybody and never fix the problem.

Well I had an XBOX controller for a while a long ways back and when Fallout 4 hit it was my intention to use it for my first run through.

BUT,

It turned out I needed a whole new controller....For some reason my controller was obsolete can you believe that...Perfectly good controller and its obsolete and no update software to the rescue.  Sure I looked around at controller prices but I sure wasn't going to chuck out 60 bucks for a new controller for my computer...Shoot man I'd rather have gotten a new keyboard dang freaking controllers at sizty dollars.

So I don't have a controller now but Im not as mad about that as the price they were asking for especially since I had a controller that worked fine and was kept in a box till I though eh I want to use it....Nope...not good and no update

\0/ thanks world I know you love my monie.

Well I had an XBOX controller for a while a long ways back and when Fallout 4 hit it was my intention to use it for my first run through.

BUT,

It turned out I needed a whole new controller....For some reason my controller was obsolete can you believe that...Perfectly good controller and its obsolete and no update software to the rescue.  Sure I looked around at controller prices but I sure wasn't going to chuck out 60 bucks for a new controller for my computer...Shoot man I'd rather have gotten a new keyboard dang freaking controllers at sizty dollars.

So I don't have a controller now but Im not as mad about that as the price they were asking for especially since I had a controller that worked fine and was kept in a box till I though eh I want to use it....Nope...not good and no update

I'm stuck with a controller whose Start and Select buttons are completely worn out. I usually have to map those to the right analog stick lol.

Why do people use controllers on PC games anyway?  Analog sticks lack the combination of speed and precision that a mouse offers, and they have a lot fewer buttons than a keyboard or gamepad.  It just seems incredibly stupid to deliberately use an inferior input device. :dodgy:

Why do people use controllers on PC games anyway?  Analog sticks lack the combination of speed and precision that a mouse offers, and they have a lot fewer buttons than a keyboard or gamepad.  It just seems incredibly stupid to deliberately use an inferior input device. :dodgy:

Cause some games play better with a controller.

BUT,

was it an official xbox 360 control?

For games like Darksiders, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Prototype, Rocket League, SW The Force Unleashed, Batman Arkham series, Assassin's Creed, Mark of the Ninja, Devil May Cry 4, Mortal Kombat, Injustice Gods Among Us, Remember Me... These are just a few games better suited for a controller over K&M...

For games like Darksiders, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Prototype, Rocket League, SW The Force Unleashed, Batman Arkham series, Assassin's Creed, Mark of the Ninja, Devil May Cry 4, Mortal Kombat, Injustice Gods Among Us, Remember Me... These are just a few games better suited for a controller over K&M...

That's only because every single game listed was developed first and foremost for consoles, and was very lazily ported to the PC.  You'll also note that every single game mentioned (except maybe Assassin's Creed and the Arkham games) was never popular on the PC, predominately because the controls are full of ass.

I am a bit curious about Rocket League, though.  It supposedly has a good following via Steam, but still has the "must use controller" problem...

Archived