What body types work together?

raptor4d4

I'm looking at all the different body types available out there. Enough to make your head spin, especially with all the similar names.

I use CBBE and CHSBHC together right now. They are working well and I like the body they create. But sadly not all the different outfits and unique armor mods I want to try work well with this body. So I want to try some different types to see what I can get and how they look. But I have difficulty telling which ones are compatible.

Which of these body types mesh well and produce a body similar to what I've got now? I'm making a comic series using the CBBE/CHSBHC combo so there are plenty of samples if want to look.

http://raptor4d4.tumblr.com/landofthesluts

ADEC is close to CBBE, and I guess you can use an ADEC body with CBBE textures.

Also, you can always check the CBBE DL page for files "requiring this mod".

Of course, any body type derived from CBBE is compatible with your current texture set-up (like CBD - CBBE body of dibella preset).

There is also Zaselims body that runs with CHSBHC, I think. It is the body that got well known from the high-class videos & artwork of MissyB (Miss Bonjovi, the lovely lady who created Tamaria (sorry, I'm a fanboy)).

Hm, last idea would be the Titkit from Monsto Brukes - same body, same textures, but they could have different areola & nipples.

Besides that. thank you very much for your wonderful stories. Your Argonian is the best male actor on the Skyrim precinct. I don't know any other male actor who draws that much attention. Great work!

ADEC is close to CBBE, and I guess you can use an ADEC body with CBBE textures.

Also, you can always check the CBBE DL page for files "requiring this mod".

Of course, any body type derived from CBBE is compatible with your current texture set-up (like CBD - CBBE body of dibella preset).

There is also Zaselims body that runs with CHSBHC, I think. It is the body that got well known from the high-class videos & artwork of MissyB (Miss Bonjovi, the lovely lady who created Tamaria (sorry, I'm a fanboy)).

Hm, last idea would be the Titkit from Monsto Brukes - same body, same textures, but they could have different areola & nipples.

Besides that. thank you very much for your wonderful stories. Your Argonian is the best male actor on the Skyrim precinct. I don't know any other male actor who draws that much attention. Great work!

Never heard of some of those body types.  I've heard of UNP, 7Base and others but not those. 

Two big problems I have with my current combo are with the breasts and around the waist.  Some outfits clash with the textures poorly and produce weird "cracks" around the waist like you see in this pic here.  See where the legs meet the body?  Others have the string from the bottoms like in bikinis clip into the body.

And on the breasts, some bikini tops make the areola and nipples kind of slide down the breasts.  We can see the "point" of the nipple where it is supposed to be under the fabric of the bikini top but the texture around the nipple has slid down the breast.  I don't have a picture handy that clearly shows this off. 

These are issues I want to eliminate.  And I want to more effectively have some other outfits appear on my characters. 

Thanks for the compliment on my comic!  Is Argen-Fei/Land of the Sluts really that popular?  It is hard to tell.  The number of Views for the Imgur albums can get high but I seldom get much feedback.  Over the past two or three months I think I can count on one hand the number of people who've commented on my comics at all, good or bad.  But thanks again! 

To be honest, I was wondering for quite some time why you would give Arlen that Borat-string-top, even when it's clearly not created for her body type. That's why the nipple / areola "slided down", meaning the armor uses a different body type than what texture pack you have installed. Example:

> you found the smexy bikini "XY CBBE" and would like to use it

+ you use a CHSBHC (naked) body texture

= the niplle & areola are not under the bikini, but strangly deformed below it

The bikini has it's own body meshes, and they need a CBBE texture set. Swap the skin texture set to CBBE and you'll be happy. Same goes for the hips (at your pic). Imagine this:

-> in the beginning, there was only CBBE

-> then somebody said: "I need BBW" and CHSBHC was born, as a modification of it

-> someone else said: "I need a more amazonian kind of look" and ADEC was born (check the mod on the nexus, it's quite nice)

-> finally, someone made a new approach and created UNP (dimonized)

-> UNPB followed, and UNP 7B after that

-> Body of dibella came later, shortly after HDT became popular

In short, many body types are related, in some part compatible. But UNP and CBBE don't match up at all (neither does TBD, although this one is closer to CBBE, I believe). Therefore, it is time for you to choose a nude texture for CBBE, because sets for CHSBHC are rare compared to the CBBE package.

To be honest, I was wondering for quite some time why you would give Arlen that Borat-string-top, even when it's clearly not created for her body type. That's why the nipple / areola "slided down", meaning the armor uses a different body type than what texture pack you have installed. Example:

> you found the smexy bikini "XY CBBE" and would like to use it

+ you use a CHSBHC (naked) body texture

= the niplle & areola are not under the bikini, but strangly deformed below it

I didn't really notice the sliding in that string bikini until I was well into the series.  That particular one covered it up decently well. 

So I need to focus more on a CBBE texture?  I'm using a CHSBHC skin texture right now.  Very seldom do I notice a neck or wrist seem.  Will that happen with a CBBE texture if I'm still using the CHSBHC body?  Or should I dump that body type all together?

There are so many options out there but some I'm still not sure are even compatible.  I mean here are a couple.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12994/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50138/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/563/?

I still want to keep the large breasts provided by CHSBHC. 

Might I ask: did you ever use bodyslide? Because you can create a nice CHSBHC-like look on CBBE format, which would allow you to still use these textures (check the second file in the DL section). Try it; for starters, get some standard CBBE, use the skin texture I linked in - it's the same texture, just tailored for CBBE.

If that work's to your liking, you might consider using bodyslide and create HDT CBBE body looking like CHSBHC and that's that. :)

Might I ask: did you ever use bodyslide? Because you can create a nice CHSBHC-like look on CBBE format, which would allow you to still use these textures (check the second file in the DL section). Try it; for starters, get some standard CBBE, use the skin texture I linked in - it's the same texture, just tailored for CBBE.

If that work's to your liking, you might consider using bodyslide and create HDT CBBE body looking like CHSBHC and that's that. :)

The CHSBHC textures in that link are actually what I've been using.  So I need to switch to CBBE?

Is this the Bodyslide everyone keeps talking about?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015/?

Looks complicated.  So I have to manually adjust the body?  Will it apply just to my character or to all? One thing I like about CHSBHC is that not everyone has the same breast size.  Some are small, some are large.  Would Bodyslide do the same?  How will I know it is the proper size or whatever for the outfits I want to use? 

The CHSBHC textures in that link are actually what I've been using.  So I need to switch to CBBE?

Looks complicated.  So I have to manually adjust the body?  Will it apply just to my character or to all? One thing I like about CHSBHC is that not everyone has the same breast size.  Some are small, some are large.  Would Bodyslide do the same?  How will I know it is the proper size or whatever for the outfits I want to use? 

That's a lot of questions. Let's take it one by one:

- "switch to CBBE": yes, or to UNP, because the support (modders creating armors for it) is much bigger; CHSBHC means a set of meshes (body form), that's unique when it was launched, but more or less is integrated into CBBE now. Meaning: you stick to a mod, that is no longer "supported largely", but whichs look can be copied into the CBBE pattern

- "bodyslide" / "manually adjust the body": you CAN manually create your look, or you choose a preset (someone else adjusted the sliders, saved that as a file = preset). Or you check the "share your bodyslide presets" thread; there is actually someone taking up requests for presets). I'm pretty sure you'll either find a preset to your liking, or you'll find someone creating it for you (above mentioned link).

- "will it apply to all characters": if your character is a custom race, then no. If not, then yes. But you should also know (referring to the "breast size topic") that bodyslide does not create just one look, but an entire spectrum of looks - weight 0 to weight 100. You could create a CBBE 100 look for your custom 0, plus a CHSBHC 100 look for your custom 100. That means: most NPCs have weight 0 - 50, so most female NPCs will have normal sized boobs and butts. In any case, if you'd use the CBBE CHSBHC-look-a-like, the weight proportions you have in your game now will not be changed that much. Still, it is an attempt to copy the original look.

"proper size": now comes the interesting part. Please keep in mind that there are 2 sets of meshes (models) at work when a char is wearing clothes: 1st set is the nude model, 2nd one the armor model; or with your CHSBHC body (1st) texture using the CBBE string tanga (2nd). So, if you create a new nude model for your character, the armor must use the same model as the nude body.

->> that is why bodyslide is still very popular, and there is lots of discussion and requests about it, on a daily basis. If you are not playing a more common body (compared to CBBE, UNP or UN7B standard), you might have to create new meshes for all armors you are about to use.

But, to be honest, I'm not good at creating those meshes. I don't use skimpy armor that much. So, if you have more detailed questions about creating armors for the body of your likink, I'd have to point you to the bodyslide help threads, I'm afraid. There is still a lot of conversions being made - look how many people uploaded them in the DL section, and even here.

So, that's that. Feel free to ask whatever is on your mind. I'll try to help as good as I can.

That's a lot of questions. Let's take it one by one:

- "switch to CBBE": yes, or to UNP, because the support (modders creating armors for it) is much bigger; CHSBHC means a set of meshes (body form), that's unique when it was launched, but more or less is integrated into CBBE now. Meaning: you stick to a mod, that is no longer "supported largely", but whichs look can be copied into the CBBE pattern

- "bodyslide" / "manually adjust the body": you CAN manually create your look, or you choose a preset (someone else adjusted the sliders, saved that as a file = preset). Or you check the "share your bodyslide presets" thread; there is actually someone taking up requests for presets). I'm pretty sure you'll either find a preset to your liking, or you'll find someone creating it for you (above mentioned link).

- "will it apply to all characters": if your character is a custom race, then no. If not, then yes. But you should also know (referring to the "breast size topic") that bodyslide does not create just one look, but an entire spectrum of looks - weight 0 to weight 100. You could create a CBBE 100 look for your custom 0, plus a CHSBHC 100 look for your custom 100. That means: most NPCs have weight 0 - 50, so most female NPCs will have normal sized boobs and butts. In any case, if you'd use the CBBE CHSBHC-look-a-like, the weight proportions you have in your game now will not be changed that much. Still, it is an attempt to copy the original look.

"proper size": now comes the interesting part. Please keep in mind that there are 2 sets of meshes (models) at work when a char is wearing clothes: 1st set is the nude model, 2nd one the armor model; or with your CHSBHC body (1st) texture using the CBBE string tanga (2nd). So, if you create a new nude model for your character, the armor must use the same model as the nude body.

->> that is why bodyslide is still very popular, and there is lots of discussion and requests about it, on a daily basis. If you are not playing a more common body (compared to CBBE, UNP or UN7B standard), you might have to create new meshes for all armors you are about to use.

But, to be honest, I'm not good at creating those meshes. I don't use skimpy armor that much. So, if you have more detailed questions about creating armors for the body of your likink, I'd have to point you to the bodyslide help threads, I'm afraid. There is still a lot of conversions being made - look how many people uploaded them in the DL section, and even here.

So, that's that. Feel free to ask whatever is on your mind. I'll try to help as good as I can.

Thanks for all this.  I really appreciate it.  Looks like I have a lot of research to do. 

I posted a new chapter of Land of the Sluts today to celebrate Father's Day, if you're interested.  Check the Screenshot topic here or my Tumblr page.  It'll be the last chapter I'll post for a while.  Need to take more pics and now I'm going to be looking into all this. 

Thanks for all this.  I really appreciate it.  Looks like I have a lot of research to do. 

I posted a new chapter of Land of the Sluts today to celebrate Father's Day, if you're interested.  Check the Screenshot topic here or my Tumblr page.  It'll be the last chapter I'll post for a while.  Need to take more pics and now I'm going to be looking into all this. 

In case that's all to much for the beginning, this mod offers you a softer entry. Why? Because you don't have to change anything, yet get some sexy dresses. Of course, the selection is limited, but it might give you what you want with smallest effort.

Archived