Convenient Horses mounted melee not working

kaykbot

When in mounted combat, my melee weapons do not do damage at all. I heard it was due to mods changing races that reduce the attack angle, so I downloaded the fix for it. That was not the case. My character was literally not doing any damage to the target. How? My sword does make contact with the NPC, but it does nothing. Instead, it acts like a harmless physics object and pushes the NPC in the direction of the swing, but does not harm them a bit. I have no clue what is causing this. BOSS says nothing about any conflicts. I have no clue what to do.

I had the same problem

This solved it 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56828/?

Do you need to start a new game in order for it to take effect? I tried that fix as well, but with no change.

I am pretty sure i didnt not have to start a new game, but to be honest i could be wrong.

Just make sure if it needs to be loaded either after / before convinient horses

Also be mindful of this:

Conflicts

This could easily conflict with anything that edits vanilla races. That said, the mods I suspect of causing these issues don't 

actually make any edits themselves, and I have noticed no issues with running this fix. If you use a mod that in some way 

dramatically modifies vanilla races, it is a lot more likely you will run into a conflict. Let me know if you find anything.

For example

Hey, I'm using Mounted Combat, this bug fix and SkyRe, thought I would let you and others know that it interferes with SKyRe Races esp which changes racial abilities. This can be resolved by moving SkyRe races further down to the end of the list near the bashed patch.

That is all!

If you have mods that alter vanilla races you might want to check your load order and see whether this plugin should be loaded after them

I had the same problem

This solved it 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56828/?

Do you need to start a new game in order for it to take effect? I tried that fix as well, but with no change.

I am pretty sure i didnt not have to start a new game, but to be honest i could be wrong.

Just make sure if it needs to be loaded either after / before convinient horses

Also be mindful of this:

Conflicts

This could easily conflict with anything that edits vanilla races. That said, the mods I suspect of causing these issues don't 

actually make any edits themselves, and I have noticed no issues with running this fix. If you use a mod that in some way 

dramatically modifies vanilla races, it is a lot more likely you will run into a conflict. Let me know if you find anything.

For example

Hey, I'm using Mounted Combat, this bug fix and SkyRe, thought I would let you and others know that it interferes with SKyRe Races esp which changes racial abilities. This can be resolved by moving SkyRe races further down to the end of the list near the bashed patch.

That is all!

If you have mods that alter vanilla races you might want to check your load order and see whether this plugin should be loaded after them

Edit: Just tried that. No luck. Even tried rearranging/moving the mod up and down the load order.  Still nothing.

Just so we are on the same page: "just tried" what? altering order between CH and MCF?

Are you playing a vanilla or a custom race? Do you have anything else that alters vanilla races? Open all your load order on TESEdit and check nothing overwrites MCF changes and see what happens

May be your bug is not caused by CH or differs, somehow, from the one i had.

mmm i thought he meant "no damage" like "they do not hit". If they hit but do "little damage" then yes, that is an entirely different problem. 

The fix i propose was for when you cant hit enemies

mmm i thought he meant "no damage" like "they do not hit". If they hit but do "little damage" then yes, that is an entirely different problem. 

The fix i propose was for when you cant hit enemies

Archived