Need help with Remote Detonated Explosives Script

mpankey

Me and one other guy have been working on a mod to add remote detonated explosives into the game. But we cannot figure out how to get a working script. We tried adding keywords to the explosives and having the script look for those but they weren't being registered. We tried having a script on both the detonater and the explosives but that didn't work either. Nothing we do seems to work and we're getting a little disheartened. I looked at the new vegas scripts to try to see how that worked but it seemed to require a function (detonateexplosives) that isn't in the engine anymore. Any help would be appreciated from new ideas to fixing our old ideas.

FOVN is not a good example for scripting FO4 because the VM is completely different.

I suppose the "detonator" is some sort of WEAPON object (it does not really matter, it should just be something you can activate.)

And the "bomb" an item you can drop (trowing may not work, because a Projectile object does not persist.)

You can attach a generic script to the item that you can drop.

The script can grab a script (by Property reference) attached to a quest (that is just a placeholder for a script), and register the actual ObjectReference inside.

The detonator script will ask the quest script for the list of ObjectsReferences and do something with the to make them "explode".

And probably clean up the list, then.

FOVN is not a good example for scripting FO4 because the VM is completely different.

I suppose the "detonator" is some sort of WEAPON object (it does not really matter, it should just be something you can activate.)

And the "bomb" an item you can drop (trowing may not work, because a Projectile object does not persist.)

You can attach a generic script to the item that you can drop.

The script can grab a script (by Property reference) attached to a quest (that is just a placeholder for a script), and register the actual ObjectReference inside.

The detonator script will ask the quest script for the list of ObjectsReferences and do something with the to make them "explode".

And probably clean up the list, then.

We were attaching the script to a mine. Is that not persistent? Also do mines take damage some weird way? They have no health in the CK since they're  weapon.

Mines are persistent. I had no clues of what it was. For example a grenade is not.

Mines have no health but they reacts to hits and proximity. By blowing.

Now, I have no idea (never looked at it) of what will trigger a mine explosion. But probably there is something usable.

OK, the actual explosion of a mine is done by removing a mine and replacing it with a "mineprojectile" that will not actually move but produce the explosion visual effect and damage the actors.

Now, I am not sure how to trigger this projectile, because there are no scripts attached to the mine or the projectile.

And also the basic objects scripts are almost empty. So no functions to call.

But there is an "Event" called "Trigger Mine Explosion Event", that you can send with a single line of Papyrus code.

Not yet sure of the parameters, so I cannot provide more help.

That's a whole lot of help already. Mind if I come back for more help as this progresses? You seem really knowledgeable on scripting and I have only a rudimentary understanding of it.

Also what paremeters are you not sure of?

Me and one other guy have been working on a mod to add remote detonated explosives into the game. But we cannot figure out how to get a working script. We tried adding keywords to the explosives and having the script look for those but they weren't being registered. We tried having a script on both the detonater and the explosives but that didn't work either. Nothing we do seems to work and we're getting a little disheartened. I looked at the new vegas scripts to try to see how that worked but it seemed to require a function (detonateexplosives) that isn't in the engine anymore. Any help would be appreciated from new ideas to fixing our old ideas.

What mod is this you're working on? I would like to know so I can keep my eyes open for it.

That's a whole lot of help already. Mind if I come back for more help as this progresses? You seem really knowledgeable on scripting and I have only a rudimentary understanding of it.

Also what paremeters are you not sure of?

Ask for help anytime.

Right now I did little modding for FO4, just some test cases.

But the logic and the scrits are pretty much the same as Skyrim. And on Skyrim I am a master.

It's going going to be called Remote Detonated Explosives. It'll only be my 3rd mod so I'm still new at this. And when it comes to scripting I'm a babe. Luckily the guy I'm work with knows coding, just not as it pertains to fallout as much. Once we get this script part worked out all that will be left is getting new models for the detonater/c4

Archived