Brothel Master 3D

mvelesk

any feedback please? did you like the game, or is it a crap? i'm currently working on balancing issues and pacing, so if the game seems too boring with not enough action, please let me know so i can make the changes?

did you get an error message? if yes, can you post it, or at least describe it? anyway, it takes a little while to get from 0% to 10%, so try to wait. than from 10% to 100%, it takes significantly less time. if you did not get any messages and the game is stuck at Loading 0%, can you please write me, on what operation system and what platform are you running the game?

the error i get just as i start loading is a problem with the program trying to find a wall01.obj. It is trying to locate it in your documents and settings folder, which ofcause aint on my pc :)

this should be already solved in an updated version that is downloadable from my blog. for several reasons, i kept data files in different location than the program and i forgot to redirect all links back to program folder. but now it should work ok.

Downloaded, opened up, stuck loading 0% for eternity (left for 30mins but still stuck)

Windows 7 64bit and a pretty high spec 8-core machine

Download was latest 0.6 from the main page of your blog (google drive and ad driven download sites suck by the way - why not use something like mediafire?)

unfortunately, i cannot replicate the problem, as on all computers i tried, the application runs normally. but as described, it seems to be a problem with multi-treading. i have created a new version to tackle this problem, where i switched treads (main tread now runs data loading procedures). could anyone experiencing this problem please try this version and write me if it solved the problem? also in this version, the form may be unresponsive while loading, so if needed, it can be shut down from task bar, or task manager. if it is a problem with multi-treading, it is also possible that you will not see any progress (the loading will stay at 0%), but the game will load after a minute or so.

here is a link to new version:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByYo4fQ2MXI_LXVKT1ZXUldhdjQ

unfortunately, i cannot replicate the problem, as on all computers i tried, the application runs normally. but as described, it seems to be a problem with multi-treading. i have created a new version to tackle this problem, where i switched treads (main tread now runs data loading procedures). could anyone experiencing this problem please try this version and write me if it solved the problem? also in this version, the form may be unresponsive while loading, so if needed, it can be shut down from task bar, or task manager. if it is a problem with multi-treading, it is also possible that you will not see any progress (the loading will stay at 0%), but the game will load after a minute or so.

here is a link to new version:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByYo4fQ2MXI_LXVKT1ZXUldhdjQ

I'll try it and post the results ASAP.  

System specs are as follows, in case this info comes in handy later on down the road:

32 Gigs DDR3 1866

NVidia Geforce 970 GTX

AMD 8350 Vishera Black Edition 

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Edit: Instead of staying at 0%, the process becomes completely unresponsive.

sorry for the problems, if the game is not running on your computer. the situation is: i can run the game on only 3 computers (one the game was created on, but the rest two are completely separate) and the game is running on all of them. furthermore, there is no error message, or any apparent problem that can be reported, only that the game suddenly stops or loops at some point. as i cannot replicate it, i have a problem to pinpoint that point and i myself am unable to test any solutions. currently i'm releasing testing versions and some guys who are experiencing the same problems are testing them for me, but as you can imagine, this is not a fast process.

Yep, loading fine now.  I'll give my impressions of it in a bit :)

First impression is that it's fairly easy to pick up and play.  Kudos to that.  Graphics and interface are a bit rough, but it's not final product, so forgivable.  I would, however, like to be able to make it full screen or at least maximize it.  

• 1 month later...

thanks. the original plan was to expand a story, add more choices and finally add two more houses with different gameplay: massage parlor (which would at first work as a normal parlor and you would have to slowly convince girls to provide extra services) and a strip bar (which would add dancing and bar tending). however there has not been much support for a game so far, so if nothing changes, this was the final update as i will discontinue the project. maybe, the management style real time game is not a way to go. my first idea was to make it into something like sims, but as there are not so many choices and options, it may not be so appealing. also, the balancing of the game may not be too good, as i have not much time right now to properly test it and i cannot afford any testers to do it for me. maybe, more simpler concept that would not require so much balancing (such as adventure, or rpg style) would have been more successful.

• 7 months later...

Archived