I've seen some attempts serious machinima, although it was let down by mediocre writing. The best stuff dispensed with dialog and capitalized on total conversions. I have a short series, and I do mean short. I was enthralled with Darknut's all too short trailer for Greater Dwemer ruins. That was based around O Fortuna, and that was absolutely the most apropos stuff for the Nerevarine, since we're talking about Azura's pawn. We the free and unconstrained by making a buck, can supply story where Bethesda has to do immersion.

I AM IN NO HURRY TO DO THIS SERIES! I NEED TO OVERHAUL MY PC AND UPGRADE TO WIN 64 FIRST! This stuff takes time. Ask The Radish.

BTW, in the CS I noticed that Vic is part of the Noble Faction, long with the nobility in the Imperial province, so her her rank carries over from the Underdark to Tamriel, very cool.

Me, I have episodes in mind for Lady De Vir that revolve Dio Era Black Sabbath. I can't think of anyone better to supply angst and fantasy fuel. Specifically, Voodoo, Mob Rules, Neon Knights, and maybe Laguna Sunrise. The Bargonian and Ken Do'zin trade off well with other people's music, so why can't the Darkest Lady herself? I'm sure we'd all like to thumb our noses at Roger Ebert and make some art out of video games.

My take on Carmina Burana I've already laid out, except the Drunk Argonia is Sancho Ponza to Vic's very dark Don Quixote, recall The Seventh Seal. This episode is where the Champion buys it in the beginning, at the hands of the Nazgul, Angmar turns into the Balrog after the Champion kills the Nazgul and mops the ground with Champion. Straight out of Tolkien, yes, but who cares. So then we have Lady De Vir bent on revenge, the oldest motivation I can think of. A Seventh Seal interlude with the Drunk Argonian as a friend of the Champions provides comic relief. Hurray for Post Modern rip offs.

For the sake of nostalgia, Laguna Sunrise and Neon Knights for good times between the Champion and Viconia. Laguna Sunrise stuff is masturbatory material FOR HER, and the Basic Instinct animation is perfect for inter-cutting good memories. Neon Knights, recap of adventure. Frankly, I thumb my nose at the cross over nay sayers, I'm still on board with the Marvel/DC multiverse. AHEM!

Appropriation? sure... why not. Homage to Ronnie James Dio, to whit! E5150 and Mob Rule = 28 Days and Bit Dawn of the Dead adventure with an Alhoon from the Under Dark running the invasion, another arch enemy for Viconia.

In another fun short angry, mourning for hubby Vic bitchslaps idiots who make comments about Martin and her dead hubby, while she torments the Drunk Argonian, who was hubby's carousing buddy.

There you have it. This stuff revolves around the music. I need help from the Underdark Saga team, failing that, I'll make do with whatever. It's 5 episodes, not too much to ask for. All the adult content relevant to us in this forum takes place in Neon Knights and Laguna sunrise themed episodes.

But for a start, she makes fun of the Drunk Argonian in very short sketches. Wish me luck, though I'm in no hurry. I have a life.

I wish you all the luck the market will bear. Keep me posted on where and how stuff is going. All the stuff you've been going on about strikes ma as nothing short as fascinating. I really like the idea of the storyline being led by the music rather than the other way round.

Cheers,

I'm not exactly one to screw around. It's not in my nature. I watch stuff like these two shorts:

http://www.archive.org/details/BetterLife_HighQuality

http://www.archive.org/details/AnUnfairWar

...and I'd like to think Oblivion can be used to provide the epic phantasmagoria the machinima community deserves. Humor has it's place, mostly reinforcing the serious. I really like the Argonian comedy that's out there. I'm fan of Waiting For Godot, it's hysterical! That's why I love the Drunk Argonian series.

As much as the images will be driven by the music, just like Darknut's trailer was driven by the epic O Fortuna, I still have to use my own narration in prologues, interludes, and the like. Nonetheless, the music absolutely must drive the epic montage in the same way Darknut used it. He set a gold standard. I can't stress it enough. and then there's Dio's vivid fantasy imagery in his Black Sabbath days.

I'd like to think Sulteric is reading this post, or someone will give him a nudge. I need another script jockey and the lady's voice acting.

Those people late to the party:

Just let it soak in, and you'll know what I've been on about in this thread. I want to bring to life the epic, romantic and comedic. Bethesda and he mod community has already done it in-game, I just want to make it cinematic for my own reasons. So if you want to sail on this ship, you're welcome aboard, just don't forget who's captain.

I'm in no hurry and I'd like to do some experimenting, first with existing mods, then with FRAPS and editing. I've been getting more and more comfortable with the construction set and the console, lately, too.

Grrrrr... it seems that I have plenty of reasons for holding off on even some simple short films. I really need to do a fresh install of Oblivion in Windows 7 when I overhaul my PC. When I do that, maybe I do some justice to these visuals in these stories with some graphics overhauls, too.

I'm really tired of the Construction Set being crash prone. You know, I've been playing Bethesda's games since Arena, and I have yet to see one that doesn't break with the least little provocation.

I've been trying to look at other people's scripts; for example I had been working on a unique blade mod, and buffed the hell out of a unique lich, putting it in the lich's inventory so it real challenge to aquire it. I wanted to go so far as to make it very dangerous to equip it if the PC was under level 20 and had a blade skill level of less then 75. I wanted it to damage the PC's health and fatigue a few points per second, and jack up the PC's infamy as the PC acquired the sword. It's a powerful blade with a bad reputation, picky about who uses it, even more so than the sword in the Mighty Umbra mod. It's also a simple matter to make it a quest item, so that you're stuck with it, like cursed items in old school D&D or Angband. I have example scripts for this sort of thing in some other mods, but now the CS is blowing up for some reason even if I just try and load the base Oblivion content. ARGH!

I just wanted to learn more advanced techniques in the CS, sheesh. Using the wonderful existing mod resources just isn't that tough, but other stuff requires studying examples.

Scripting is how you edit and create quests, duh. OOO for example, is full of tough boss creatures, it makes it lots of fun. This sort of thing would make handing my own plot lines for recording full scenes much easier, but this buggy nonsense is killing what time off I have to learn right now. F**k you very much Bethesda!

There is a way to make an NPC from any mod playable, too, even if it uses a custom race. I could also make the Balrog and other creatures not attack the PC and companions right at the console, through simple faction adjustment commands.

For those of you interested, learning the console is something Raditz the Radish uses to create his rather unique films. Combined with careful scripting, the pose mods, and FRAPS you can do quite a lot.

OTOH, even AlienSlof is fed up with the crash prone nature of Bethesda's games!

Farewell to Arms

I appreciate some of the input and advice in this thread. I'd like to find ways to record more levels of interaction between Viconia and other characters, as well add some depth to my character's travels with her. In part this stems from both my dissatisfaction and appreciation of War of the Spider Queen and Elder Scrolls. Next month I rebuild my PC and add Windows 7. I may finally be able to make all the scripts I need for enhancements and things like Lover's PK to make adult machinima possible.

Some of you might also recall the original Heavy Metal movie. I' wasn't satisfied wit the way they handled the Tarakian, so I'd like to use Viconia in Tamriel is a female Eternal Champion. Alright, I'm saddling her with lot of baggage, I don't want to do an epic series, just a short well crafted series in that scale, with more sex and violence.

Robin, I thank you for your words!