Does Anyone Here Know How To Clean Save Files Corrupted by Estrus?

The people at the Nexus don't...

I have over 400 hours into my girl (well over 500 game days) and I can't save without having Estrus activated. I've tried the "save file cleaning ring" - it counts from 0/15 to 15/15, finds three ropers, and does nothing.

I save the game. Reload without Estrus active, and I still cannot save without crashing.

I find it sad that there are so many people recommending this mod. They have no idea what's ahead of them...

Any ideas? I COULD just leave it active and never use it, I guess.

I have over 400 hours into my girl (well over 500 game days) and I can't save without having Estrus activated. I've tried the "save file cleaning ring" - it counts from 0/15 to 15/15' date=' finds three ropers, and does nothing.

I save the game. Reload without Estrus active, and I still cannot save without crashing.

I find it sad that there are so many people recommending this mod. They have no idea what's ahead of them...

[/quote']

Couple of things:

1. Do you have a bashed patch and after disabling Estrus have you rebuilt your bashed patch?

2. What process have you followed on this:

A. Disable Estrus.esp then start up oblivion and load your current save (which should then throw up a prompt that you have a mod that is not enabled or some such, then once the save is loaded you hit escape and make a new save.

B. Then exit the game.

C. Then restart the game via Obse_loader.exe or OBMM or Wrye and load your "cleaned save" and try to save.

Judging by your description of the process, are you sure you have the order right? You're suppose to deactivate Estrus, load a game, run the savegame ring (it doesn't require Estrus to run), then save. Not run the savegame ring with Estrus on, then save, then reload with Estrus off. That might be the source of your issues. (edit: not sure if this is what gregathit was getting at, if so, apologize for the repetition :P.)

Also, Which version of Estrus are you using? Another possibility is you're using an old version of estrus, one the cleaner isn't designed to handle? You could try updating to 14r_2 without making a clean save, save, then use the above method to remove it.

Finally, out of curiosity, what side effects do you experience if you keep Estrus on? Or does that not cause major problems, you just can't remove it.

Either way, gl.

I have over 400 hours into my girl (well over 500 game days) and I can't save without having Estrus activated. I've tried the "save file cleaning ring" - it counts from 0/15 to 15/15' date=' finds three ropers, and does nothing.

[/quote']

I had an older version of Estrus installed and also went through the process of using the ring, and sadly never got it to work. I eventually had to create a brand new game, loosing a PC that I too had a lot of hours on.

I liked Estrus in that it has some of IMO the best done BBB and BB Butt animations out there, so I was using it mainly to test BBB enabled mesh and skeleton combos. My goal was I wanted to upgrade to the latest version, only to find it too has issues; an idle animation that looks like the nude shy one, that if an NPC or your PC goes nude it kicks in. I keep it disabled in most cases due to that, that and it is IMO unfinished and buggy. I think the modder gave up on trying to fix what's wrong with it, based on last posts on tesnexus.

[/quote']

I had an older version of Estrus installed and also went through the process of using the ring, and sadly never got it to work. I eventually had to create a brand new game, loosing a PC that I too had a lot of hours on.

I liked Estrus in that it has some of IMO the best done BBB and BB Butt animations out there, so I was using it mainly to test BBB enabled mesh and skeleton combos. My goal was I wanted to upgrade to the latest version, only to find it too has issues; an idle animation that looks like the nude shy one, that if an NPC or your PC goes nude it kicks in. I keep it disabled in most cases due to that, that and it is IMO unfinished and buggy. I think the modder gave up on trying to fix what's wrong with it, based on last posts on tesnexus.

It was not possible to restore it because it was preserved with the obse file broke in an old version though there was an experience that I become the same thing by an old version, too.

When Estrus is used, I think that making another profile environment with WryeBash and playing are good.

Damage can be stopped at least.

I think that a few problems remained though the reproduction test was personally executed when Estrus_14r2 is released.

The test outcome at that time has been reported to the author.

Thereafter, I am not using Estrus.

Therefore, it doesn't know how the latest one is going.

However, "When the eliminated thing is regained, one that began to be new might be significant while it struggles. " if advising

Thanks for the answers. I've tried using the ring with Estrus disabled and enabled. I have Estrus 19r3 - but I do not remember which version I had installed when the problem originally occured. It has only affected one character save, so I must have used an older version for her.

I have a workaround. I re-installed Estrus and only activate it for that character. It was fun watching the animations once, but I'm paying for it now...

Thanks again, all.

P.S. I forgot to subscribe to this thread, so I kind of forgot I wrote it...

Hmm glad I stumbled across this thread. I always suspected estrus was responsible for save game corruption, now I know. Luckily I actually hate the mod so its no big deal to go without it other than it being needed for loverstupidnpcs. Fortunately I was told it only needs to be installed, not active, for that mod. If you think it corrupts under the Lovers system, you should see it under Sexblivion. With that it corrupts all the menus and statistics, even for mods unrelated. I get suspicious of modders who can build such a complicated mod and yet it still effectively acts like a virus to your game, and worse didn't attempt to fix it.

Hmm glad I stumbled across this thread. I always suspected estrus was responsible for save game corruption' date=' now I know. Luckily I actually hate the mod so its no big deal to go without it other than it being needed for loverstupidnpcs. Fortunately I was told it only needs to be installed, not active, for that mod. If you think it corrupts under the Lovers system, you should see it under Sexblivion. With that it corrupts all the menus and statistics, even for mods unrelated. I get suspicious of modders who can build such a complicated mod and yet it still effectively acts like a virus to your game, and worse didn't attempt to fix it.

[/quote']

Yea, lovers stupid needed the resources and nothing else.

As to Estrus and save game corruption......strangely I have been running version 14.2 for darn near ever and haven't had a single bit of it. I could just be lucky but I seriously doubt it.

The later versions of Estrus are a problem as it appears the author seemed to break things with the new features.

Hmm glad I stumbled across this thread. I always suspected estrus was responsible for save game corruption' date=' now I know. Luckily I actually hate the mod so its no big deal to go without it other than it being needed for loverstupidnpcs. Fortunately I was told it only needs to be installed, not active, for that mod. If you think it corrupts under the Lovers system, you should see it under Sexblivion. With that it corrupts all the menus and statistics, even for mods unrelated. I get suspicious of modders who can build such a complicated mod and yet it still effectively acts like a virus to your game, and worse didn't attempt to fix it.

[/quote']

Yea, lovers stupid needed the resources and nothing else.

As to Estrus and save game corruption......strangely I have been running version 14.2 for darn near ever and haven't had a single bit of it. I could just be lucky but I seriously doubt it.

The later versions of Estrus are a problem as it appears the author seemed to break things with the new features.

Ditto; ran 14.2 for darn near ever with no problems, then I tried something totally stupid and tried to upgrade to the latest version, and that's when all my problems began. Worse was falling through the game world shortly after entering an Oblivion gate, or total character lockup (as in cannot move) after Estrus was triggered in an Oblivion area.

Kinda sad for this type of mod as I so love tentacles. To the point that I've collected tons of tentacle Anime over the years.

It's actually quite easy to upgrade from 1.4R2 to 1.9R5 (Do not use any other 1.9version but do remember you need R2 and then patch to R5)

You just need to use the patcher esp to patch your save game. A little reading helps a lot. Honestly!

1.9R5 works flawlessly if installed correctly. No bloat, no broken save game. Upgraded my 500+ hour game with no problem, because I read the instructions and USED THE PATCHER.

I'm using 19r3 and - even though I have no idea what version I originally used - I HAVE to have Estrus installed and selected to play my main character.

There is no justification for this oversight, its just another example of modding arrogance. The modder - no matter how brilliant he might be - tries to take over your game so you HAVE to focus your attention on his brilliant work, and you're not able to do anything outside of the borders that he defines.

Kinda like Chain Beasts, but THAT mod never broke my game. Estrus has over 1,000 endorsements. Its fun to watch the anims once - after that, it should just go away quietly.

Garcemac' date=' firstly you should upgrade to 19r5.

Secondly, if you want to remove Roper artifacts from a save use the patcher to clean it.

Then you can remove Estrus if you so wish.

Ignorance not arrogance.

[/quote']

Sooner or later I am going to have to breakdown and read the "readme.txt" to see if it really is worth upgrading from 14.2 to 19r5. If HanPL would stop pumping out newly translated mods for lovers it might be sooner!!! :P

Yeah. (sigh)

Between people on TES constantly demanding a Skyrim port (that has already been ruled out for the time being, if it will ever prove possible) and people not reading how to upgrade from (currently):

1.4R2 -> 1.9R2 ->1.9R5

and then blaming the non-English speaking Cotyounoyume for an inability to understand the need for the user to patch a save game with the provided esp, I worry Cotyounoyume will just quit in disgust. He's been frighteningly quiet of late.

Yea, but that is kinda his MO. He is very active and then goes silent for long stretches. The silent periods may be him working on a new mod or Ertus again...or just recovering from the gigantic effort of making the mod in the first place.

As you say many people complain when they have no business doing so because they have not done any research. After all it is not as though mod makers get any financial reward from their creations...it is a hobby for crying out loud! :)

I KNOW that modders work for little reward beyond the odd "thanks!" I installed the latest version of Estrus and saved my game, yet I still can't play this one character without Estrus enabled.

Estrus IS a brilliant mod, but - honestly - any mod that has any chance of breaking a game should have been labeled "Alpha". The savegame I'm referring to has almost 500 hours put into it. I can guarantee you that that is more hours than the modder put into creating Estrus. Who's time is more valuable?

Personally, my answer is this: My time is more valuable. I don't put almost 500 hours into something just to unwittingly have that work undone without notice.

Estrus reminds me of Chain Beasts: Brilliant and imaginative - not to mention a crapload of work - but still a one-trick pony that has no right interfering with - or taking over - my game. At least not without advanced warning. If I knew beforehand my game would be corrupted, I could have kept a savegame from before I installed it.

I just saw all the recommendations and popped that sucker in there.

No biggie - I just activate Estrus when I want to play my girl, and leave it unticked for every other character I have.

I know you guys have a great deal of respect for the Estrus modder. I have a great deal of respect for you. But Estrus? I believe a lot of people were screwed out of games. I'm probably close to the top of the time pile, though...

I KNOW that modders work for little reward beyond the odd "thanks!" I installed the latest version of Estrus and saved my game' date=' yet I still can't play this one character without Estrus enabled.

Estrus IS a brilliant mod, but - honestly - any mod that has any chance of breaking a game should have been labeled "Alpha". The savegame I'm referring to has almost 500 hours put into it. I can guarantee you that that is more hours than the modder put into creating Estrus. Who's time is more valuable?

Personally, my answer is this: [i']My time is more valuable[/i]. I don't put almost 500 hours into something just to unwittingly have that work undone without notice.

Estrus reminds me of Chain Beasts: Brilliant and imaginative - not to mention a crapload of work - but still a one-trick pony that has no right interfering with - or taking over - my game. At least not without advanced warning. If I knew beforehand my game would be corrupted, I could have kept a savegame from before I installed it.

I just saw all the recommendations and popped that sucker in there.

No biggie - I just activate Estrus when I want to play my girl, and leave it unticked for every other character I have.

I know you guys have a great deal of respect for the Estrus modder. I have a great deal of respect for you. But Estrus? I believe a lot of people were screwed out of games. I'm probably close to the top of the time pile, though...

I hear you and understand your frustration. If anything can be taken away from this you now understand the importance of making backups of your characters. Making backups of your game and characters is something I have preached on till I do it in my sleep now.

Mods WILL break your game sooner or later. That is unfortunately just par for the course. I can guarantee you that the maker of Estrus never intended to break anyone's game. Mods are a risk especially since Oblivion is buggy as hell without any mods.

Cheers :D

Greg

Archived