BUndies force NPC equip broken Armor

chupa

Hello guys,

it's posible that companions example Vilja dont unequip he's Broken Armor ,script or any ?

Let me say...

I have installed BU and give Vila any Bu armor, all work fine but if hes armor will get 0 condicion (broke) so she's change your armor to cloth or in case no cloth's in inventory hes going naked :huh:

how i can force that dont un equip broken Armor ?

any help please.

as an alternative, is it possible to increase the rate of BU breaking?

what i mean is, instead of it being:

armor1 75%

armor2 50

armor3 25

armor4 0

change it to be something like

armor1 90%

armor2 70%

armor3 50%

armor4 30%

it wouldn't solve the unequipping completely broken armor, but you at least see the final stage for a little while before it gets removed.

i have been wondering the same thing about vilja unequipping broken armors but when i look at the BU scripts and vilja scripts, i don't understand any of it. :P

there isn't much documentation for BU, so this is totally guesswork from me:

as far as i can tell, there are two ways BU can be implemented. the first way is the good way, you can define the models in the esp file. i would ASSUME that you can specify at which % that the models appear, because i've seen some BU armours with only two stages instead of four.

the other way to implement BU is by making the user have to specify the data in the breakundies.ini file.

you have to go into the BU esp file, find the id code thing and then use that along with the file paths (with double // instead of single / for some reason).

the thing that confuses the heck out of me is that when you're specifying these model paths in the ini file, you never actually say which model to use. i don't know if BU is somehow reading the # at the end of the file or just using the order that you declared the models in.

if it's the ORDER, you could, i think, simply start the declarations at, say phase2 and then have 2 phase4s (so 2,3,4,4 instead of 1,2,3,4).

but uh... i have no idea. it could cause everything to explode.

i'd test it myself, but my recent savegame has become pretty busted up and i'd have to reroll which i'm not really feeling up to atm. :P

edit: the only BU armour that needs INI declarations in the daedric replacer.

every other one i've seen does the heavy lifting in the esp.

you can tell (i think) because an INI BU mod will have the BU scripts directly on the armours. an esp one will have it's own script that calls the BU scripts, so if you see the armour items have a script "BUxxxxx" then it's an ini declaration.

remember though, this is mostly guesswork from what i've seen when looking around the esp files, but i can give no guarantees i'm even close to the mark.

i hope there's someone here who is more familiar with the scripts who can come and either confirm or make fun of me and explain how it DOES work. :P

Guest Donkey

I don't think this is possible. it is hard coded in oblivion. That is why an npc spawn they will always spwan with a set of armor and clothing. When the armor breaks they will switch to clothing instead.

One of the companion mods i think i was madcompanion mod, has a locked gear, but since you guessed it even when the armor is broken she or he will remove it.

yes donkey i think the some, have search hours in Bu scripts ,companion scripts etc...for armor /cloth change value.

the bad news i have not found what i search it.

the good news i even more learning about scripts :D

well so i have doing a temporery solution, changed litel bit the Bu mesh NIF's !

1 amor: 100%

2 amor: 75%

3 amor: 50%

4 amor: 25% (changed with complet broken amor nif)

5 amor: 25% ( " " )

6 amor: 0% ( some nif with 25%)

so this simulate above 25% amor condicion a complet broke amor using Durable amor/ or change in CS amor value to 4000.

ty :)

oh yeah, i totally forgot about the 'low tech' way of replacing models. ^_^;

for changing armour health value, it depends on what you want BU for. for the joburg and estrus implementation, it damages armour based on a % of max, so be warned that, unless you are cheating, a 4000 health armour will cost you TONS in repair hammers. :P

hahaha....ugly :)

yes but the good news is ,you grind very fast Master of repair :D

In Xloverssetting i have change the Bu broke rate to 5% at 10sec.

And the changse for rape me in fight healt must below to 95%

Npc succes only 10%.

Maybe i deactivate TomagoBREAK, can you image what hapend if i take the value higher.

So in short time i can open my own Baby Shop :D

• 4 weeks later...

hahaha....ugly :)

yes but the good news is ' date='you grind very fast Master of repair :D

In Xloverssetting i have change the Bu broke rate to 5% at 10sec.

And the changse for rape me in fight healt must below to 95%

Npc succes only 10%.

Maybe i deactivate TomagoBREAK, can you image what hapend if i take the value higher.

So in short time i can open my own Baby Shop :D

[/quote']

sorry for bumping an old thread...

BUT, i found a 'solution' to this.

note that it's is an extremely hacky solution. not really a solution at all, but a workaround.

also, i'm new at this community and oblivion modding in general, so if this has been posted before, apologies.

essentially, have you ever noticed when armour is completely broken and an npc takes it off, if it has clothes, it will wear that instead.

perhaps you can see where i'm going with this?

create a new clothes item (not armour) with the final stage of the BU armour as the biped model! now simply give both the BU armour and your new clothes item to the NPC.

of course... if you already have other clothes on the npc, then this whole hack doesn't work. i don't think there's a way to define 'in combat' clothes vs normal clothes. but if you've got combat companions, this works perfectly.

sorry for bumping an old thread...

BUT' date=' i found a 'solution' to this.

note that it's is an extremely hacky solution. not really a solution at all, but a workaround.

also, i'm new at this community and oblivion modding in general, so if this has been posted before, apologies.

essentially, have you ever noticed when armour is completely broken and an npc takes it off, if it has clothes, it will wear that instead.

perhaps you can see where i'm going with this?

create a new clothes item (not armour) with the final stage of the BU armour as the biped model! now simply give both the BU armour and your new clothes item to the NPC.

of course... if you already have other clothes on the npc, then this whole hack doesn't work. i don't think there's a way to define 'in combat' clothes vs normal clothes. but if you've got combat companions, this works perfectly.

[/quote']

Actually, that might work. Also, while we're on that subject, you could cheat with that a bit. I think you could assign a script to the BU-armor (or add to the existing one), in such a way that upon unequip, and only IF the armor is completely borked, it will give the NPC the specific piece of clothing (if it doesn't have it yet), and auto-equips it. Then, if you repair the armor, you could use a script that, upon equip, removes the 'broken' clothing from the inventory again.

No guarantees, but I think it might work.

Archived