FaceGen Modeller

leosct

Is there a possibility to import/export face from facegen modeller to the skyrim chargen preset ?

Short answer is no. It is technically impossible.

You could get it in the game as a mask, but it won't animate unless you created facial morphs from scratch in a 3d editor.

• 3 months later...

old threat but i want to ask here

i am trying to have NPC/followers that look like real celebrities , but in an easier way to convert to skyrim , i use facegen + 3d studio max (with nif plugins to import&export) + nifskope + nif merge

the potintial:

facegen have a big archive ,check the below links of many characters

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/15842/?

http://www.relativitybook.com/CoolStuff/facebank.html

not mentioning that you can create any face by the front picture only in less that a minute , and when it work transfeering to skyrim , there are many mods that will help perfecting the end result  ,, like racemanu .. etc

the problem i faced (please help if you about this):

faceget can export to 3ds and obj , then i open it in 3ds , resize it , and convert it to nif , then open nifskope and open an existing nif from the game (lets say a stand alone follower mod mesh ) , the existing nif of the head have layers (for skin and eye and eyebrow .. etc) , after replacing the face texture and save , it just wont accept it in the game , i tried another standalone follower mesh , it took the default face - not even the existing mod face- , and i even tried the nif merge and didn't work too

pls check the below video , i know its for fallout but the concept is right 

and there is a guy that explain this in a facegen mod too in the posts (1st & 2nd post )

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30253/?

pls help with this if you know , and comment if you want this to work too if you are not a modder

thanks

old threat but i want to ask here

i am trying to have NPC/followers that look like real celebrities , but in an easier way to convert to skyrim , i use facegen + 3d studio max (with nif plugins to import&export) + nifskope + nif merge

the potintial:

facegen have a big archive ,check the below links of many characters

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/15842/?

http://www.relativitybook.com/CoolStuff/facebank.html

not mentioning that you can create any face by the front picture only in less that a minute , and when it work transfeering to skyrim , there are many mods that will help perfecting the end result  ,, like racemanu .. etc

the problem i faced (please help if you about this):

faceget can export to 3ds and obj , then i open it in 3ds , resize it , and convert it to nif , then open nifskope and open an existing nif from the game (lets say a stand alone follower mod mesh ) , the existing nif of the head have layers (for skin and eye and eyebrow .. etc) , after replacing the face texture and save , it just wont accept it in the game , i tried another standalone follower mesh , it took the default face - not even the existing mod face- , and i even tried the nif merge and didn't work too

pls check the below video , i know its for fallout but the concept is right 

and there is a guy that explain this in a facegen mod too in the posts (1st & 2nd post )

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30253/?

pls help with this if you know , and comment if you want this to work too if you are not a modder

thanks

Skyrim is very picky about its face geometry NIFs. If it rejects it, it will try to create its own on the fly based on the CK settings (which always looks terrible).

I'd recommend making it a helmet like the guy in your video did. The vanilla .TRI files won't work on a mesh with a different vertex count, so your face is going to be static unless you make your own. That means, eyes won't move, mouth won't open, no facial expressions, etc. Given that, you'll have to decide if it's worth the effort to make it a head instead of a helmet.

If you really want to make it a head, you should be able to replace an existing head mesh like you were attempting, if you do it correctly. A more sure-proof method would be to create your own entries in the ESP for your own head, eyes, hair, etc. Create a follower using your custom assets and then use Nif Merge to replace them with your actual head. If possible, I'd recommend fitting the vanilla Skyrim eyes to the head, so at least those will animate.

On a side note, you'll find tools like RaceMenu will be somewhat limited if you try to use a head mesh that isn't vanilla.

Good news , it worked

if i saw your post yesterday , i would not fully understand ,as today i was working on it and it just worked , converted it to a race (in custom race mod) , so i could change and tweak in racemenu 3 , which make it even better (face can be save as a nif in racemenu 3 )

i even prefer not taking textures from the original pic/facegen , the vanilla texture is better and matches the body , and you must be accurate in 3ds to remove neckseams , well am still working on that to remove 100%

the face 3d is imported from facegen and thats a good news , but facial expression is not as you said ,although the eye brows moves in expressions , the mouth dont open

i know from here i can learn to make a follower , but not yet , i want to perfect these by enabling the expressions (at least try )

what i want to ask is : what do you know about "the vertex count" , is that same as polygons in 3d studio max ? i can manage to make the exact number of polygons , or is it manged in nifskope ? in concept it must be do-able as i only want to imitate the head from facegen with the original vanilla head (the facegen final mod made it very close to the vanilla game although reduce quality , which u can smoothen and make better in racemenu 3 )

am a noob in all that i started less than a week ago , so i appreciat the info to enable facial exprissions , i will upload some pics soon here , many thanks bro

Is there a possibility to import/export face from facegen modeller to the skyrim chargen preset ?

Short answer is no. It is technically impossible.

You could get it in the game as a mask, but it won't animate unless you created facial morphs from scratch in a 3d editor.

there's no need to do that

160813011210992853.jpg

you move around the head, you want mouth and eyes on the ones of skyrim head

160813011212483324.jpg

you import both heads in 3dmax

you look for a tuto on how to copy paste morph from one thing to another (don't use 3dmax, have no idea how to do that)

you copy paste the head you want morphs on skyrim head

result is a skyrim head that look like the one you pick (but with skyrim uv map, and less verticles so it's more blocky)

after making the nif, you can load it on your char with racemenu or bodychange

if hairs clip with that head, you put a mask on the face in verticle editor, and import another skyrim head morph on the part under the hairs (they should have done that for the fail v4 conversion instead of converting hundred of hairs to that head...)

when i use facegen alone , the quality is great ,you need to correct the neck manually,  but will result in blackhead ingame (but 3d is implemented)

160813031826731628.jpg

when i use facegen + facegen skyrim mod , the quality is not great, but its very close imitate the vanilla face(and neck) , but it can be smoothed and make better in racemenu

160813032152134733.jpg

why am getting the black glitched head , although i tried many texture (even made a plaint one in photoshop for testing) with same result 

@yatol

thats what am trying to work on , to attach 2 heads (vanilla + facegen) , i really want the high resolution head , i am searching youtube tutorial and will keep all posted here 

by the way , the right face on your pic looks great :P , its from 3d max or skyrim ?

by the way , the right face on your pic looks great :P , its from 3d max or skyrim ?

it's v4

the crappy conversion

160813044407856880.jpg

the real one

160813044411448372.jpg

some armor parts disappear depending on where the camera is, it's the same with that invisible head (never found out what i do wrong when exporting from daz to blender to nifskope)

160813044418502261.jpg

that was just a test, don't know how to make msn, s or sk textures for that body

don't have better than that crap

160813045118446207.jpg

it's v4

the crappy conversion

160813044407856880.jpg

the real one

160813044411448372.jpg

some armor parts disappear depending on where the camera is, it's the same with that invisible head (never found out what i do wrong when exporting from daz to blender to nifskope)

160813044418502261.jpg

that was just a test, don't know how to make msn, s or sk textures for that body

don't have better than that crap

160813045118446207.jpg

what is v4 ? the 4th pic is about body .... if it is availablea mod pls tell me :> , thanks

regarding the facefen , i just want to fix the black glitshed face , not transperent like the 2nd pic 

i cant have a screenshots through printscreen , i will get a mod for that and post some pics 

what is v4 ? the 4th pic is about body .... if it is availablea mod pls tell me :> , thanks

http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-2-base

if it's black in game, that's because you have vertex color to no in nitrishapedata, or something like that

extract femalehead.nif from the bsa and compare with that (some body replacers have wrong nifs, compare with original)

worked like a charm , it was the vertex color , thanks a lot

now i see missmatch in the texture , i guess the best way to fix this is to attached the facegen face with the vanilla face and skin warp same as the guy in the video has done , as this will keep all the vanilla ratios , i will give it a try (i hope i can figure out a way to fix the facial expressions too)

and really nice follower u did there :)

now i see missmatch in the texture , i guess the best way to fix this is to attached the facegen face with the vanilla face and skin warp same as the guy in the video has done

forget about trying complicated stuff if you don't even understand the easy stuff he is doing

160813114414500696.jpg

the thing he did on that video won't even touch the body if he remove his armor...

of course he won't show that on his video

like you won't see any neck seam on my char if i don't feel like showing it

160813112708397953.jpg

skyrim head with v4 body, those textures were just edited in paint

160813112657505391.jpg

with v4 neck, seam is under the jaw

with skyrim neck, seam is on the neck

160813112709625216.jpg

160813112702512566.jpg

just hide the neck seam with a collar, and problem solved

160813112636759981.jpg

Finally , i got it to work , Including expressions and close to no neckseams ( hardly visible ) 

so i get to convert facegen faces to the "Basic" nord race mesh in skyrim ( editing "custom race mod" ) ,so after this conversion you can change the skin , eye and specially the mouth

while i didn't change the texture at all ( so that the body and head skin color match ) that made the lips texture differ a bit than the real picture but the mesh is correct , but anyway it can be changed through racemenu (well until i know enough about texture coloring & modifying )

160814035914250489.jpg
160814052013527497.jpg
160814052152856308.jpg
16081405231565785.jpg
16081404030266197.jpg

also the above result is based on a nord race , different race have different ratios and options , like mouths and eyes 

now i want to work on textures , i have to work on the real face picture , and color the body based on it  

can anyone help me about this texture problem ?

am replacing the dds files ( but with bigger head with high definition mesh ) , the texture and mesh matches but i have these results

160815035645430601.jpg 

160815040041219014.jpg

i want to get rid of the second small mouth above , and nose texture which are not in the dds , i tried removing the tintmasks folder , and removing the 3 .tri files , same result

told you that following this video was stupid...

- that head neck don't match body neck

- you don't have msn, sk or s texture for it (nose under the nose, and lips above the lips, no shadow or lighting on that head)

- you have to get rid of lip tintmask too since that's for skyrim uv map

- and skyrim eyesbrown since there are some on that head texture

- skyrim eyes don't match that head

- and that head don't have facial animations

said above to copy paste the morphs on your want on skyrim meshes, that's the fastest and easiest way to do that crap

i didn't do like video , didn't even try to ,  not on the low resolution mesh nor the high resolution mesh (i dont want to cut / edit the face at all  , as i want to know a way to "convert" facegen files to skyrim as it is ) 

the low resolution (based on a conversion from facegen to skyrim ):

is working, with no neakseams as u saw above , scales are the same as vanilla , but i just want a better face (a better conversion )

the high resolution (want to do it manually , like i said in my last post -bigger head with high definition mesh-):

is simply the same obj/3ds file exported from facegen , only size reduced , converted , and want to see the face in skyrim , then i fix the nick when i see the end result

by the way , you speak like an asshole , like you just fed up with this and you are too smart to accept my question , so you were born knowing this information ? or its just pure talent.

then i fix the nick when i see the end result

why don't try the complicated stuff before wasting more time?

i choosed to replace the entire body because don't understand anything to that texture blending thing (it's more complicated than making msn and i can't even do that)

Archived