mod's

Evelith

i have been here little a year never bothered to post anything till now i was just wondering if some one was able to give me a step by step guide to installing mods from here as i have nexus mod manager as i have found a few mods on here that i really want but i have no clue on how to install them from here any help would be most welcome

Elf Prince's Support page is brilliant and you should definitely take a look at it.  However, if you just want the short answer:  

Since you use Nexus Mod Manager (NMM), drop the .zip or .rar file you downloaded from Loverslab into your Nexus Mod Manager directory for Skyrim mods.  To find where this so called directory is located, simply open up NMM and click the folder with the red arrow up at the top, it will give you a few options to pick, of course you want to pick Open NMM's Mod Folder because that's what we're trying to find.  After you drop the .zip or .rar file into this folder, close NMM and reopen it and go to the Unassigned portion of NMM and you will find your mod there... I'm sure you know what to do from here.  

Bonus:  Normally mods are just a bunch of files that alter the folders inside your Skyrim data directory (located in steamlibrary/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Data).  If you get, say, an armor mod from Loverslab, the file should have at least three things - emphasis on "at least" -- and they are:  the mesh folder for the armor's meshes (obviously) which will go in Data/meshes and it will also include textures for the textures of the armor (obviously) which goes in Data/textures and finally it has an .esp file that needs to get activated so that the armor will show up in game, this .esp file simply goes in your data folder.  A good rule of thumb is to go into your Skyrim installation directory and poke around your data folder to see how it's structurally organized, it will make more sense.  All will be understood naturally if you can grasp this basic concept first.

Bonus Bonus:  Get 7zip.  Download and install it.

Downloaded mods from Loverslab are normally in .zip or .rar file formats.  You may use 7zip to look at them to see what the contents of a mod from Loverslab contains.  I.E.:  data folder > meshes & texture > so on and so forth.  It helps out a lot to understand the most basic fundamentals of installing mods to Skyrim.

If you are using NMM, then you can check this threads:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/57396-nmm-sexlab-and-sl-related-mods-installation-help-and-tips/

and the one from my signature.

I not, I am my own manager, I do everything myself.  ;) 

NMM can not everything, although it helps at the installation. but it can not rename individual files,

so that I they at another place or even without ESP can use.  :P

Archived