Can Mod Testing break down Skyrim

RedNick54

Removing mods will often leave obsolete references in the save file, which can lead to problems later on. Running a save cleaner offsets some of that, but best practice is to just avoid uninstalling mods in the middle of a playthrough.

As for load order changes, some people say it's bad, but I've never had any issues with it, and I do it quite frequently.

A decent breeze can break down Skyrim :P .  What WS said is absolutely correct.  Also if you are using Mod Organizer, you can test a mod by duplicating your current profile, adding the new mod to the new profile, and try it out.  If the new mod works (and you like it) just continue using that new profile.  If not, delete the profile and go back to your original profile - no issues with problem saves (at least from removing the new mod) since the new mod never touched those saves.  I have not used the newer NMM with it's profile system but I assume it can do this as well (some else can confirm/deny that).

One note, you need to set up the profiling in MO to have separate saves for each profile.  When you dupe the profile, it dupes the saves as well.

Archived