SKSE Version Error

Arumina

I'm sure I'll look like an idiot asking this, but whatever.

So there was a time that I figured out how to get SKSE working with Skyrim, but I forgot how I did it. I still use Nexusmod since I couldn't get Mod Organizer to work.

The problem I am having now is that I am getting a version mismatch error after recently updating SKSE. Skyrim is still reading that I have the old SKSE version. I uploaded it on nexusmod and that didn't work, so that's not the answer.

Question

Could someone either explain how I need to properly upgrade SKSE?

I'm sure I'll look like an idiot asking this, but whatever.

So there was a time that I figured out how to get SKSE working with Skyrim, but I forgot how I did it. I still use Nexusmod since I couldn't get Mod Organizer to work.

The problem I am having now is that I am getting a version mismatch error after recently updating SKSE. Skyrim is still reading that I have the old SKSE version. I uploaded it on nexusmod and that didn't work, so that's not the answer.

Question

Could someone either explain how I need to properly upgrade SKSE?

You cannot install SKSE with a mod manager.  The files go in the main folder with the game executable (mod managers install into the 'data' folder, that is why you can't install with a mod manager).  Go back to skse.silverlock.org and reread the installation instructions (the 'readme' link next to the download link.  Also don't use the installer, download the .7z file for manual installation.

Archived