How taxing are beauty mods?

raptor4d4

I'm considering getting some beauty mods to change the appearances of at least the females in Skyrim.  How taxing are these sorts of mods generally on a system?  I'm running something like 200 mods right now and that's after cutting out a bunch I haven't used in a while.  I want to use a mod like this but at the same time don't want to overburden my system. 

What kind of beauty mods are recommended these days anyway?  I've done a brief search on Nexus and a couple that caught my eye are NPCs of Dibella and The Ordinary Women.  I've just started researching so I'm very open to suggestions.  I'm looking for a mod that will change as many appearances as possible.  So far it looks like most I've seen will only change a handful. 

My char textures are around 400mb, uncompressed so its very taxing, but you could reduce it to around 40mb or even less easily. Depending on how huge texture resolution is. All you gotta do is just to watch for the texture sizes, also make sure tintmasks are compressed. Especially if 1 NPC/your char uses more than 1 uncompressed tintmask. I mean for NPC you don't really need to care about HQ textures, you could even resize them to smaller sizes and still maintain the good look with no quality loss.

But imagine walking into the town and there are 10 npc each with 400mb sized textures on top of them

and afaik dibella textures are hella huge

Archived