[Idea] New game plus

Elgate

Do you think it would be possible to create a "new game +" for fallout 4? I was thinking of something like a box outside vault 111 that you would put your equipment in, so it can follow you, and maybe a system that would either give you back the exp, or the perks you had gotten on your previous character.

The box would be a shared storage for all the characters on the computer an you could maybe do something like save the level of your actual character in one of the useless cryopod from vault 111. When You open that cryopod on the new game, your character receive all the experience the character you stored had.

You think it would be possible once GECK is out? I always want to do all questlines, but you can only go for one faction at a time, and that would also allow to bring your Junk, from one world to another, so that you can start your settlement all over, trying to make them look different, or to go for bigger and get artillery on all the settlements.

At first, I was thinking of resetting the world, but I think this would be a lot easier and a lot more "mod friendly", since it would basically bring the whole game at the state it is at the beginning rather than having to make patches so quests mods are reset too.

• 4 weeks later...

This should definitely be possible. In fact, it's already been done in Skyrim.

Levels, stats, and perks are easy to transfer from one save to another since there are commands to edit those. Items and other data used to be basically impossible. Among other things, JContainers fixed that so now we can store container info in a file independent from saves. SkyBox is a Skyrim mod that lets you mark a container as a "stash" and it's inventory will persist across saves. That's awesome because you can share items between saves, but it does have the major caveat in that the container info is separate from saves so it becomes really easy to duplicate items or lose them if you pull an item out and then die without saving (but then you can just duplicate it from an older save).

So really we just need to port those two from Skyrim to Fallout 4 and it's done. I'm not sure exactly how much has changed between the two games but I can't imagine it would require making those two from scratch.

I've actually been thinking about this, and i ended up used Xatmos's mod "Face ripper" from the nexus and fiddled around with the console a bit to a kind of "clean" save on my main character. I just started a new game and imported the face, made my character lvl 25, spawned the weapons, armor and consumables that i thought my character should start with in the inevitable event that i mod my main save to hell! 

This took me about 1.30 hours, so a mod that you are suggesting would certainly have sped things up.

I've actually been thinking about this, and i ended up used Xatmos's mod "Face ripper" from the nexus and fiddled around with the console a bit to a kind of "clean" save on my main character. I just started a new game and imported the face, made my character lvl 25, spawned the weapons, armor and consumables that i thought my character should start with in the inevitable event that i mod my main save to hell! 

This took me about 1.30 hours, so a mod that you are suggesting would certainly have sped things up.

Yeah, thats the manual way.

I am struggling to have an idea about making the game harder for NG+. In Darksouls enemies have more health and give you more souls as a reward.

What should be done/changed in Fo4? (Depending on what it is, it may even be applicable for Skyrim)

Damage done/recieved? Normally set by difficulty.

Loot? Not really needed as you have your items. But could be used to make enemies harder by giving better items.

Archived