Speak Through Followers [2016-06-15]

View File

This mod has been incorporated into BWitch. It still works standalone, but is considered complete.

Speak Through Followers 0.2 by simplefries
====================

Mumbling through your gag while your follower stands idly by? Now you can get them to translate for you. Bartering and speech checks will use the average of your and your follower's speech skills. Just choose the "(moan toward your follower)" option when you start talking to someone. Creature followers are ignored.

If you have multiple followers, the one with the highest speech skill will be used. If you have a lot of followers, it may take time for the option to show up. The option will not show up once you start mumbling through the DD minigame.

Supports DD and ZaZ gags. Attempts to support vanilla followers, EFF, AFT and UFO (UFO and AFT untested).

--------------------
Requirements
--------------------

Devious Devices - Integration and all its dependencies.

--------------------
TODO
--------------------

None

--------------------
Version history
--------------------

2016-06-15 v0.2:

* ADDED: Follower stays next to you while translating.

* CHANGED: Speech will be debuffed to the average of your and your follower's skill. Most followers have very low speech, so this change brings back some reason to level speech when gagged.

* CHANGED: dialogue text (Start gesturing at your follower) -> (moan toward your follower). Because your arms may be tied, making gesturing impossible.

* FIXED: Mod no longer breaks after loading save game. Re-registers for dialogue menu on game load.

2016-03-30 v0.1:

* First proof of concept.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/31/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    Devious Devices - Integration v2.9.2+
  • Special Edition Compatible

Will you take in consideration the chance of followers making fun of you or simply misunderstanding what you're mumbling?  It could be funny.

You might add a speech skill test. If it succeeds your follower will translate in the right way, otherwise he/she will say something inappropriate (according to a set predefinite lines).

For example: you want to say: "Please, help me". Test succeeds -> Follower translates; "She says: Please help me".

Test does not succeeds -> Follower translates in a funny way, for example: a) "She says she wants a sweetroll" (nothing happens) or B) "She wants to be fucked" (sex follows) - or c) "She says you're a coward (a browl follows) or d) "she says she needs more devices" (one more device is added)... 

It's just an idea.

For those having trouble, these steps will help figure out what's wrong:

• Are you speaking to an NPC that normally doesn't engage in dialogue? For example, guards usually enter dialogue when you talk to them. If you try to talk to them with this mod, they will just exit dialogue after you start gesturing toward your follower.
  • After you choose the option, the message "Speech Debuff added" should appear in the top left corner. This indicates that the script that unlocks normal dialogue ran successfully.
  • After you gesture to your follower, but before you choose any other dialogue options, open the console and type:
    sqv zadGagQuest
    and look for a variable named canTalk. It should be set to true, indicating that ordinary dialogue was unlocked.
  • Check your script logs for any error messages relating to _stf_.
  • If all else fails, try running the debug build I've attached to this post (you'll need a clean save). This build turns on some more messages. While running it, each time you enter dialogue, you should see these messages appear in the top left corner of your screen:
    Max speech: <highest follower speech skill>
    Checking followers

Will you take in consideration the chance of followers making fun of you or simply misunderstanding what you're mumbling? It could be funny.

Sounds like a neat idea. However, the only way I can think of to implement this is by adding joke responses to every topic I want to have a potential misunderstanding for. Which maybe I could do for a few topics, but it would be tedious to do it for any significant number.

Speak Through Followers 0.1 - DEBUG build.zip

This idea could be useful to expand upon and loose all need for devious devises requirement as well.  The concept of letting a follower do something for you with their skill could really be useful. It could be bartering, smiting, anything. The devious devices thing should be supported but should not be required.

For crafting: Talk to follower and ask: "help me make" while standing near a suitable crafting station. Get a list of stuff the follower can use and the follower make the item using own skill and your materials.

Trading: Talk to merchant and chose topic "help me out" and a list of nearby followers to choose from pops up and you pick one. The follower goes into a haggling animation when you browse the wares. Also every follower could be given a "trading bag" that you place stuff into that the follower goes away to sell on it's own. Some followers like Vilja already does this but I do not know if Vilja's speech skill are used in any way.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...