Converting a min weight mesh to a max weight mesh

I'm a bit lost with what you mean, almost all armors come with 2 nif files, one at 0 weight and one at 100 ending in _0 and _1 respectively. When they're loaded into the game, depending on your character's weight they are scaled, the same as how the body is scaled with the weight slider.

Do you mean you want a 0 weight mesh to act as a 100 weight mesh? Which should be possible with just renaming the file.

This needs a little bit more explanation.

I'm a bit lost with what you mean, almost all armors come with 2 nif files, one at 0 weight and one at 100 ending in _0 and _1 respectively. When they're loaded into the game, depending on your character's weight they are scaled, the same as how the body is scaled with the weight slider.

Do you mean you want a 0 weight mesh to act as a 100 weight mesh? Which should be possible with just renaming the file.

This needs a little bit more explanation.

Sure. This armor comes only with one nif for every armor pieces and judging by the shape of the torso I would say that it's probably the low variant of the UNP body. I need to make a high variant version of that outfit

Ok, I'm pretty sure there's a way to do this with Outfit studio, but I don't quite remember how. I think it involves loading UNP reference, adding the outfit and then loading the slider set with the weight setting set to high weight. But I'm sure there's steps I'm missing that actually makes it change the body.

I might be totally wrong and this involves manually editing the outfit. Have you tried looking up some outfit studio tutorials to see if something like is mentioned?

Ok, I'm pretty sure there's a way to do this with Outfit studio, but I don't quite remember how. I think it involves loading UNP reference, adding the outfit and then loading the slider set with the weight setting set to high weight. But I'm sure there's steps I'm missing that actually makes it change the body.

I might be totally wrong and this involves manually editing the outfit. Have you tried looking up some outfit studio tutorials to see if something like is mentioned?

Not yet but shouldn't I edit the esp in CK Too to make it load the new weight variant?

I'm taking my first baby steps in using the Ck and Outfit Studio myself, I found this link which might be of help http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Skyrim._Part_2 in particular 2.1.4.  What I found useful in teaching myself is opening up the CK, loading the vanilla files and learning how things are added and how things relate to each other (sorry I'm crap at explaining things :/ ).  And create a backup of everything you tinker with :P

CEO also has a good guide posted here http://0s-mod.tumblr.com/0S/G/CustomNPC/PerfectFidelity I know it's more about creating custom followers but he does mention about armour forms and armour addon forms, and I found it really helpful.

As for adding the high weight variant, I think you would load your chosen body_1.nif, then load the zero weight as a reference, basically what Yuuen said lol.  I'm still learning as well, if I can do it anyone can  :P

I'm taking my first baby steps in using the Ck and Outfit Studio myself, I found this link which might be of help http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Skyrim._Part_2 in particular 2.1.4. What I found useful in teaching myself is opening up the CK, loading the vanilla files and learning how things are added and how things relate to each other (sorry I'm crap at explaining things :/ ). And create a backup of everything you tinker with :P

CEO also has a good guide posted here http://0s-mod.tumblr.com/0S/G/CustomNPC/PerfectFidelity I know it's more about creating custom followers but he does mention about armour forms and armour addon forms, and I found it really helpful.

As for adding the high weight variant, I think you would load your chosen body_1.nif, then load the zero weight as a reference, basically what Yuuen said lol. I'm still learning as well, if I can do it anyone can :P

Thanks for answering! Before thinking to CK i would need to convert the armor first. I tryed already on outfitstudio with the above method but some armor pieces don't show up in there

Yeah the wiki is really good :)  Dealing with meshes in outfit studio, depends what your trying to open up, if nothing is showing at all there may be errors with the nif (my knowledge is still sketchy there, as is with meshes and problems with them, wish I had the patience to learn more about 3d modelling and stuff!). I use MO, so Outfit studio recognizes the textures (if you have the original mod installed), if not an outfit will load without them.

As far as I know, in the CK you just have to set the right mesh and texture paths in the correct forms.  Google is brilliant as is this site, what I wanna know I just put the search terms in with the word Skyrim in front, always manage to find out what I wanna know :)

Yeah the wiki is really good :)  Dealing with meshes in outfit studio, depends what your trying to open up, if nothing is showing at all there may be errors with the nif (my knowledge is still sketchy there, as is with meshes and problems with them, wish I had the patience to learn more about 3d modelling and stuff!). I use MO, so Outfit studio recognizes the textures (if you have the original mod installed), if not an outfit will load without them.

As far as I know, in the CK you just have to set the right mesh and texture paths in the correct forms.  Google is brilliant as is this site, what I wanna know I just put the search terms in with the word Skyrim in front, always manage to find out what I wanna know :)

I'm using MO too but usually I do this stuff when I'm not on the main pc, so I have to manually put textures in OS. I wonder if there is any kind of CK version I can use without needing to install skyrim on another pc too

I wondered that too, as well as having standalone bodyslide/outfit studio, for the same reason lol I like to do stuff on my laptop sitting comfortably.  I know you can have separate profiles in MO, I'm just a bit fussy when it comes to how things are organized and like to keep editing stuff completely separate.

In Outfit Studio:

File > New Project

Load Reference From File: Browse > Data\CalienteTools\Bodyslide\ConversionSets\Weight Convert > Pick the one you want from the drop down menu. Probably UNP Low > High.

Outfit From File: Browse > Where ever your mesh is.

Slider > Conform all

Click on the Pencil on the slider to make it turn purple and activate the slider.

Slider > Set Base Shape

Fix clipping as needed with brushes.

Once you have compatible _0 and _1 meshes in the appropriate folder, you need to open the outfit's ArmorAddon entry in the Creation Kit and re-browse for your meshes. I usually pick the _1; some people need to pick the _0 in order for the weight slider to work. So, try both if you need to.

The information regarding what textures to use and where to find them are inside the mesh itself. (You can also assign texture replacers in your ESP, but OS doesn't read ESP's so I'm not going to comment on that.) When OS loads a mesh, it will look for the textures it's being told to look for - which is in a Skyrim\Data\Textures\????? folder. If you don't have that folder in that location on the computer you're using, then it won't find textures. So, you don't need technically need Skyrim to be installed in order for that folder structure to exist, but you do need a Data folder with the textures in the correct place, and you need to tell OS where that is.

In Outfit Studio:

File > New Project

Load Reference From File: Browse > Data\CalienteTools\Bodyslide\ConversionSets\Weight Convert > Pick the one you want from the drop down menu. Probably UNP Low > High.

Outfit From File: Browse > Where ever your mesh is.

Slider > Conform all

Click on the Pencil on the slider to make it turn purple and activate the slider.

Slider > Set Base Shape

Fix clipping as needed with brushes.

Once you have compatible _0 and _1 meshes in the appropriate folder, you need to open the outfit's ArmorAddon entry in the Creation Kit and re-browse for your meshes. I usually pick the _1; some people need to pick the _0 in order for the weight slider to work. So, try both if you need to.

The information regarding what textures to use and where to find them are inside the mesh itself. (You can also assign texture replacers in your ESP, but OS doesn't read ESP's so I'm not going to comment on that.) When OS loads a mesh, it will look for the textures it's being told to look for - which is in a Skyrim\Data\Textures\????? folder. If you don't have that folder in that location on the computer you're using, then it won't find textures. So, you don't need technically need Skyrim to be installed in order for that folder structure to exist, but you do need a Data folder with the textures in the correct place, and you need to tell OS where that is.

thanks. i'll give it a try asap, but i do still have the problem that some pieces don't show up in there

Archived