Question about custom NPCs and custom bodies

Loller99

Hello, i'd like to ask a question. I downloaded the follower mod ''Maria Eden'' (not the slavery/prostitution one, mind you, the follower one), which is made using UNP body while i use cbbe.
So, head and body colours are mismatched....

My question is: is there any not-excessively-complicated way to change the body of the npc to use cbbe? (i tried putting meshes of the body i am using in that mod mesh folder already, but only hair nifs are present there, and so nothing has changed)....I am asking this, obviously, excluding swapping to UNP body...

Thanks for the answers!

I would have thought that would work.. changing the textures. eetc. Are you sure the names of the textures you move over are the same? If they aren't the game might still be trying to access the old files. The author might have named them differently from the normal files names. (goes with having them in different folders as well).

If that isn't the case, check one of the tutorials her on creating a NPC follower. Yes.. however it will be simple. I believe CPU has one around here. Anyway. Check that tutorial read it through and see waht is is instructing you to do. Then open CK and follow some of the steps. When you find the body parts and their location / names you will be able to check and make sure you changed the assets correctly. See not too hard if I am understanding this correctly. Now disclaimer I haven't done this or even created mods but I do understand much of the processes and some of the overall mechanical steps. I believe this can check and verify that you have the right files in the right places. I can't see any other reason you are not getting the files to show up in the game. ;).

of course if some expert comes along and states otherwise.. go with it.. :P.. good luck. OH the above would allow you to also get more understanding of the process, how it is done and eventually with just a tiny bit of work allow you to create your own folllower eventually even adding dialogue and all manners of additions.. :P,  Many here has followed that path to creating full on mods.. I hear it is very easy to do.

Good luck

No, i meant that there only are two nifs in the npc mesh folder, and both are hair related (i opened them in nifskope, just to be sure)...
Perhaps, though, they are somewhere else...i will look into it.
And thanks, i will look for that tutorial :D

Anyway, here's the link of the mod i'm talking about: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/753-maria-eden-a-bad-ass-follower/

Guest endgameaddiction

I just downloaded the mod(s) and checked them all.

It looks like this is a basic follower. She does not have any body assets included. So it's safe to say that she share the same body as what ever the vanilla females use.

You are going to have to crack open CK and include the body mesh and textures you want.

I'll type you a guide really quick.

she will be more brief I am sure to do what you need but here is the full tutorial I mentioned so you can browse after you resolve your current problem and then start creating and really making yoru followers the way you want them to be. I haven't used that tutorial but CPU is quite responsive on this forum and I am sure he could clarify any details you need. Again after Endgameaddiction gives you her mini tutorial to resolve your body issue. Creating and working with a full on follower like this tutorial has is more complex and can be confusing.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2132-tutorial-to-create-a-follower/

Guest endgameaddiction

If that tutorial covers how to apply texturesets and armoraddon (I believe it does) then it should save me from doing this. However, if after looking through and still not sure, let me know. I'm going to still be taking screenshots with CK open because I actually ahve to add more presets to followers in my follower mod that I've put a side for months now.

Guest endgameaddiction

Ugh.... Duplicating. I hate when people do that. Do this instead,

Just change the EditorID name and when you are done editing the textureset it will prompt you wil creating a new ID because it's a new unique name. Click yes.

Though the reason why people normally want you to duplicate is because it's much safer without accidentally modifying the vanilla content in CK and having to close and reopen CK.

If you want to play it safe, right click on the texture set and click duplicate.

Archived