vanilla hair edit help?

i'm using this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40914/?

which contains the conan pit fighter circlet. there is only one "long" hair that doesn't clip through the circlet. the pics below show how it appears both side and back view. i need to know how to cut off the pony tail in the back so i can have a more uniform look of nothing but the circlet all the way around the head. i know less than zero about 3D rendering and the like so any and all help is welcome.

20160316115903_1_zpsdt92dyxd.jpg

20160316115849_1_zpsbngjiekq.jpg

Install RaceMenu, go to the sculp mode and you can move/inflate/deflate/smooth hair meshes to prevent clipping.

You could *push* the ponytail into his head.

i'm not ashamed to admit my limitations. after taking a look at your suggestion, without any kind of tutorial its beyond my comprehension.

Ehhh...editing the vanilla meshes & textures just for that seems like more effort than it's worth.

Have you had a look at adding some hair mods or something instead?

like i said, this is the ONLY "long" hair that works well with this circlet. i've tried them all.

Install RaceMenu, go to the sculp mode and you can move/inflate/deflate/smooth hair meshes to prevent clipping.

i'm not ashamed to admit my limitations. after taking a look at your suggestion, without any kind of tutorial its beyond my comprehension.

Ehhh...editing the vanilla meshes & textures just for that seems like more effort than it's worth.

like i said, this is the ONLY "long" hair that works well with this circlet. i've tried them all.

Never tried using the racemenu sculpt with hair, doesn't sound like it would go well.

But are you certain that you've tried them all? I find that hard to believe. If that is the case then that other suggestion would probably be the simplest method (if it even works out right), if you don't feel you can do that. Then you're really out of options.

Never tried using the racemenu sculpt with hair, doesn't sound like it would go well.

But are you certain that you've tried them all? I find that hard to believe. If that is the case then that other suggestion would probably be the simplest method (if it even works out right), if you don't feel you can do that. Then you're really out of options.

as far as male hairs go that i'm aware of, vanilla, apachii and ks specifically long hair yes i've tried them all. if there are more that i'm unaware of that have working links for download i will surely try those too.

Archived