MO issue i need help with please :(

sophiextime

Hello,

I have a bit of a problem in MO ( Mod Organiser).

My game seem to be running ok, the occasional CTD but i have a lot of mods. 

I use LOOT and TES5Edit and there are no warnings or conflicts and i also make sure to run FNIS generator.

But i have found that the last few times i run my game and when i do so, my MO keeps creating an overwrite file.

I know one is generated after running FNIS generator but this is happening after i play the game in general.

And the overwrite folder always has something similar to the following...

SKSE (folder) > Plugins ( folder)  > Sexlab (folder) > Animation  ( json file)

sometimes the files vary. it has sometimes been hunterborn file or HDT file etc.

Do i worry about this and why is my game always making a overwrite issue each time i play?

So far i have just been right clicking overwrite and making ' Create Mod' and giving it a name like SKSE odd file' etc.

I never had this happen in the past on previous installations.

Please someone help explain whats happening and what i need to do as its panicking me that something is breaking or i am missing a crucial MOD.

Sophie x

Hey Sophie,

Usually json files and the like are created if you made adjustments to settings in SexLab or other mods. But occassionally it creates those files for no apparent reason (at least none that I could find).

You don't have to create a "SKSE odd file"-mod every time you find a new file in the overwrite, just drag & drop the file to the "waste basket" mod you created. Do make sure you have that "waste basket" mod activated though, otherwise it may keep creating SKSE files which end up in the overwrite, since the game will thing adjustments to the settings have been made.

So no, you are not missing any crucial mods and no, you are not breaking anything.

Hope this helps :)

awww Thankyou.

:)

And just so i understand, the 'waste bucket' Mod is a created MOD i make by right clicking the overwrite folder? and then 'tick ' it to activate it? i can even name it. Waste Bucket'? hehe.

I just wanna make sure. and then those files will be in that new custom mod i have activated?

And then i shouldnt get it happening again?

I also noticed that on many occasions the overwrite had a meta.ini file in there? i take it thats ok too?

thanks for your kind reply. Hope i am making sense.

Well, Waste Basket is what I call the self-made overwrite mod ;) Keeps it easy for me to remember.

So yes, the waste basket is exactly what you think it is (your "SKSE odd file" mod). You can drag & drop every file that appears in your overwrite into that created mod, including meta.ini's. You will still (occassionally) get files appearing in your overwrite, but this isn't a problem at all. As I keep saying: just drag&drop them into the mod you made originally by right-clicking the overwrite. Just keep that mod activated.

Archived