[DOA5LR] Pose Fix tool & Tutorials

Harry Palmer

Excellent tutorial as always Harry.  

Realizing the neck repair is a big problem, I have made some improvements in the handling of neck vertices with recompute normal vector post processing functionality so that if the neck is fine to begin with, there's no longer the need to use "auto correct neck vertices" functionality since the tool now backs the top neck ring up and puts it back after normal vectors have been recalculated.  

I hope to make normal vector handling easy with the TMC post processing functionalities in my tool.   Even if there's no need to edit the model, one can simply drop a TMC onto the tool and use the post processing methods to update normal vectors.

For more details & download the most up to date version, please check out my converter tool page.  There you will find a few posts on "what's new" which explain the changes in more detail.

Please direct any questions or issue reports you may have in regards to the usage of my converter tool to my thread in order to keep Harry's thread clean for his Pose Fix tool and related questions.  Thanks!

Copying Pose

Always keep your posed models as .blender file.

They can be reused on any model.

post-809156-0-97419300-1458459779_thumb.jpg

â‘  Select the posed bone in the 'Object Mode'.

And press [Ctrl + g] to group it.

Now Save the file.

post-809156-0-24025200-1458459927_thumb.jpg

â‘¡ Star a new blender file and import a new TMC.

go to [File > Append] and select the saved file from ①.

Select [Group > Group ].

Posed bone will be opened, and move it aside.

post-809156-0-92025400-1458460114_thumb.jpg

â‘¢ Select posed bone in the 'Pose Mode'.

Press [a] to select all bones and [Pose > Copy Pose].

post-809156-0-51773100-1458460237_thumb.jpg

â‘£ Back to the new model and [Pose > Paste Pose].

And clear the parent of the neck bone to connect the neck.

Remember that, you can also copy pose for the part of the body and  paste them as X-flipped poses.

Posed Blender File.7z

• 2 months later...

Archived