My character's side-by-side comparison to her real-life counterpart

Kernel39

Should I show this to the woman in question?

She is an obscure reality television co-host from 6 years ago who was on a show on the SyFy channel.

I'm not going to mention her name but I'm sure people can work that out.

Should I show this to the woman in question?

She is an obscure reality television co-host from 6 years ago who was on a show on the SyFy channel.

I'm not going to mention her name but I'm sure people can work that out.

No, don't do that. You'd just turn your wet dreams into dry ones. We all have (or had) these kind of dreams, once I even started to drink coffee because of a certain Mr Decaffeinato, silly me. Today I can laugh about it but back then I was cocksure that if I'd only drink enough Nespresso the dude or at least one of his caliber would appear on the horizon to free me from the misery of a frakkin normal life.

You could show it to her. But, then, remember the you-cant-use-my-resemblance class action lawsuit mounted by college athletes over EA NCAA games.

Only half joking really. As 3D tech gets better, I'm pretty sure that making copies of real life people is going to come up as a legal issue.

You could show it to her. But, then, remember the you-cant-use-my-resemblance class action lawsuit mounted by college athletes over EA NCAA games.

Only half joking really. As 3D tech gets better, I'm pretty sure that making copies of real life people is going to come up as a legal issue.

She would probably be flattered by it.

If someone is a public figure by choice and the imitations of them are not made for monetary gain or as something that could be seen as wrongfully incriminating or slander, I say they are pretty much fair game.

Kinda like you can take a picture of someone without their permission while in the public space.     

That makes sense. But, I think that the writing is on the wall that it's going to be a question that is raised and debated as it becomes easier for people to "impersonate" others in 3D.

For instance, one could argue that they make money from their persona as a celebrity. So, if they can be copied in 3D, even if not sold for monetary gain, it arguably lessens a consumers need to go to them for their persona. It arguably (not saying this is a good argument but legal battles dont require good arguments) diminishes the value of a unique persona.

It could also be viewed as a form of invasion of privacy. Good argument or not. There are plenty of people that would frown upon the idea that someone would ogle a digital copy of a real person without their permission. And people frowning upon things has often been more than enough to establish laws, legal rulings, etc.

That makes sense. But, I think that the writing is on the wall that it's going to be a question that is raised and debated as it becomes easier for people to "impersonate" others in 3D.

For instance, one could argue that they make money from their persona as a celebrity. So, if they can be copied in 3D, even if not sold for monetary gain, it arguably lessens a consumers need to go to them for their persona. It arguably (not saying this is a good argument but legal battles dont require good arguments) diminishes the value of a unique persona.

It could also be viewed as a form of invasion of privacy. Good argument or not. There are plenty of people that would frown upon the idea that someone would ogle a digital copy of a real person without their permission. And people frowning upon things has often been more than enough to establish laws, legal rulings, etc.

I get ya, good or bad, one should never underestimate people's ability to complain about everything, and crocodile tears if done convincingly enough can blow facts and logic right out of the park.  

Personally, I'm hoping this will just fade out as time passes, and masses get more and more used to idea that they can now be more or less realistically immortalized as a 3D render, as this is still relatively new at least on the scale we see it today.

Back before the rise of sites like facebook and myspace, people were throwing such a fuzz about having their face on the internet and how they felt so invaded, now some can't even make it past lunch without posting 10-12 of these (IMHO) awful mirror selfies, but then people get scared about having their identity stolen and it's now the responsibility of everybody else to ensure that their now very public lives that they themselves have created don't get seen by any bad people.

But as I advise all my clients that commission me to do nudes of them, something that does not exist will never get leaked or stolen.      

I get ya, good or bad, one should never underestimate people's ability to complain about everything, and crocodile tears if done convincingly enough can blow facts and logic right out of the park.  

Personally, I'm hoping this will just fade out as time passes, and masses get more and more used to idea that they can now be more or less realistically immortalized as a 3D render, as this is still relatively new at least on the scale we see it today.

Back before the rise of sites like facebook and myspace, people were throwing such a fuzz about having their face on the internet and how they felt so invaded, now some can't even make it past lunch without posting 10-12 of these (IMHO) awful mirror selfies, but then people get scared about having their identity stolen and it's now the responsibility of everybody else to ensure that their now very public lives that they themselves have created don't get seen by any bad people.

But as I advise all my clients that commission me to do nudes of them, something that does not exist will never get leaked or stolen.      

Your "clients?"

Are you a photographer?

yup, weddings, confirmations, pregnancy's, stuff like that. and nudes ofc. 

Speaking of, the woman my FO4 character was based on made the mistake of doing nude modeling which later leaked to the internet.

Dutch actress and model Stephanie Joosten was turned into a character named "quiet" in Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain.

The only difference is that they digitally scanned her face in a studio.

x_1735dab8.jpg

Here is another comparison photo.

Sorry, but I can't get my character to smile.

Click to enlarge.

512f09469006901.jpg

Going by the pictures above:

Very great, problem is the nose in-game looks more thin than the person in reality.

Also the brews near the end need to be a bit higher(towards the outside side), in-game they are close to the eyes(not inwards) while in reality they are not.

The Nostrils are showing a bit too much while in the reality they aren't.

The eyes at the end are in upward shape(in-game) while in reality they are in downward shape.

And here's hoping there will be some hair mods that will be similar to the photo :), also hoping for a better character customization(mod I guess unless Bethesda decide to enhance the current one).

Other than these things your character in-game looks really close :)

The vanilla character creation tools have their limits. :-/

It's not perfect, but honestly I like it a lot. It offers way more than what we had in vanilla Skyrim.

Also about your character, I think it's nice, maybe just bigger nose/cheekbones and it'll do the trick. But it's indeed pretty similar lol

After the GECK comes out and someone makes a mod with even more advanced and detailed character creation tools, I should be able to get her appearance even more accurate.

But as of right now, that's the best I can do using vanilla tools.

Archived