Here is my list of NPC replacers, why am I getting ...

Vuulgar

brown faces on several and how would you fix it? Eliminate? Change order?

Males of Skyrim

Dames of Skyrim 1

Dames of Skyrim 2

Dames of Skyrim 3

Dark Brotherhood Remastered

Skyrim Ladies - the Thieves Guild

The Ordinary Women

The Ordinary Women USLEEP patch

College of Winterhold NPC improvement

Dawnguard NPC replacer

Bijin NPC

Bijin Wives

Bijin Warmaidens

Bijin, Males and Ordinary women Pride of valhalla patch

Pride of Valhalla -Midguard skin texture

The Bijin mods seem to be self contained so all the NPC in those overwrite. I think its Dames interacting with a couple of the others, so far rearranging seems to get me a different batch of brown faces.

The only thing I've ever been able to do to get rid of that is reinstalling my game and mods, Obviously you don't want to have to do this but the problem comes from a mod deleting vanilla meshes or textures most of the time.

I do happen to have this attached zip I've never read, It seems to work but I never had it happen to anyone other than Aela and I haven't had the mod that did it to her in a long time, Hope it helps you.

The only thing I've ever been able to do to get rid of that is reinstalling my game and mods, Obviously you don't want to have to do this but the problem comes from a mod deleting vanilla meshes or textures most of the time.

I do happen to have this attached zip I've never read, It seems to work but I never had it happen to anyone other than Aela and I haven't had the mod that did it to her in a long time, Hope it helps you.

Cool, thank you, I had found something like this but it had no group instructions so it seemed I would have to hunt them down one by one and I have a few with this mix of mods. Once I do this is it something that should cross games or will it need to be done every time I stat a new one? Sorry if thats a dumb question...

Cool, thank you, I had found something like this but it had no group instructions so it seemed I would have to hunt them down one by one and I have a few with this mix of mods. Once I do this is it something that should cross games or will it need to be done every time I stat a new one? Sorry if thats a dumb question...

As long as you fix it and don't reproduce the problem the way it started in the first place I don't see why it would happen again, Once I removed the mod that altered Aela's appearance it never happened again after a fresh install.

I just ignored Aela altogether during that playthrough, it wasn't the reason I reinstalled it just happened to fix it.

I would suggest cleaning your mods with TES5EDIT as well, Doing this recently solved a problem of mine and most problems are caused by dirty edits and its just worth doing in general as it can avoid future problems or just make the game run better and more stable in general.

you should try to use MO its pretty safe since it doesnt touch your Data folder on you skyrim folder and you never have to worry about reinstalling 

I am using MO, thats why I was hoping someone could explain why I am getting the issue with this order. I am convinced its Dames but I like several of the NPC in Dames that arent in other mods

As long as you fix it and don't reproduce the problem the way it started in the first place I don't see why it would happen again, Once I removed the mod that altered Aela's appearance it never happened again after a fresh install.

I just ignored Aela altogether during that playthrough, it wasn't the reason I reinstalled it just happened to fix it.

I would suggest cleaning your mods with TES5EDIT as well, Doing this recently solved a problem of mine and most problems are caused by dirty edits and its just worth doing in general as it can avoid future problems or just make the game run better and more stable in general.

They are supposedly all clean now according to loot, I will have to try the fix you suggested and see how it turns out. Thanks again for the input and anyone who looked to see if they could help out.

They are supposedly all clean now according to loot, I will have to try the fix you suggested and see how it turns out. Thanks again for the input and anyone who looked to see if they could help out.

Did it ever end up going away?

I have tried a new game with all the Dames not added and that has eliminated most of them, I have been too busy to put in much time, sadly.  Thank you for asking!

I have tried a new game with all the Dames not added and that has eliminated most of them, I have been too busy to put in much time, sadly.  Thank you for asking!

damn its unfortunate you had to uninstall them to get it to work, Wish you luck!

I recently started learning MO to avoid the more silly problems.

damn its unfortunate you had to uninstall them to get it to work, Wish you luck!

I recently started learning MO to avoid the more silly problems.

I have been using MO for a while, occasional headaches but nothing like the mess I ended up with before and I still have Dames, just trying different mod combos in different orders. Worse than the gray face, Farengar and any other male wearing that same robe always has a female body....no idea how that happened and new games have it too. Its a mini-dress and his legs are hairy....it always makes me chuckle so I havent tried to fix it yet.

Archived