Just an informational report:

the npcs added by the mod Dawnguard Sentries will attack and eventually kill attackers. My guess is that the mod doesn't neutralize them like the hold guards and others for some reason.

Edit to clarify: the DS npcs resume their attack when the attacker gets back up and death of  the npc follows. The "attacker" npc survived after going into bleedout position every time, but when they get back up, the DS npcs resume their attack. From an earlier post by the author, resuming the attack is what shouldn't be happening.

Don't know if it might point to a more general issue, or, at least, warning people that they may not want to use DS with this mod.

Personal response to the mod:

I really like the idea of something like this tied to Defeat, since I use Defeat routinely anyway, but most attacks take place in towns and attacks in towns are problematic for me. So far as I can tell it does work as intended, so kudos, and thanks for sharing. I'll keep watching in case you decide to do a version with a toggle to switch off combat and go directly to bleedout or something like some of the suggestions above.

best wishes

I love the idea of this mod but I have been having some issues with it.

I get defeated and I am stuck in a defeated position and can do nothing but twice now all attackers simply walked away and the third time myself and the attacker just stood facing each other naked when it said the attacker was discouraged. I waited for a long time and could do nothing so I had to re-load my last save.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think that instead of making the NPCs hostile they could run up to you and hit you with their fist, which will make you fall on the ground because you didn't expect it and then they rape you.

I don't want combat in my skyrim to get raped... I can already kill every NPC in Skyrim, with 1 or 2 hits, since they are all level capped at 50... And I have a distaste for a "spell" being casted on me... Could just have them go into sneak, run up behind you in a non combat situation, and use Defeat's PC version of taking down someone. Choke hold from behind, you stumble a bit, and Defeat can take over, stripping and raping you All according to your own settings.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i have barbas a follower because i havent finished his quest, i dont plan to any time soon. So in game it says "Barbas wants to rape Morgana" then seconds later "Barbas is discouraged" or rarely it pops up an option window to submit or resist and both times i chose submit but nothing happened. No other characters have shown interest only barbas. 

How do i fix this?

all I am getting is whoever it is wants to rape then right after whover it is feels discouraged????

I am having this same issue. Only sometimes it give me an option window to submit or resist. I have chosen Submit but nothing happens.

What if this mod triggered a "Brawl" attack instead of a normal attack, nobody gets involved in a brawl and nobody has to risk dying even if anything misbehaves slightly, like inconsistencies with Dawnguard or whatever, u could make it so the attacking npcs attack power is boosted by a percentage to make attacks more viable from lesser npcs, like a 10-15-20% boost.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Is it possible to make them essential before a fight, worse case make a quest of it before they attack? that could solve the killing npc thing.  npc on npc does sound good and the female attacker thing as well, but you would need to know how to make a mcm menu.  Though when using defeat the attacker could in theory be attacked my a female character and start defeat's npc vs npc setting.  This would work for male on male, and if animals are involved creature vs male.

witness intervention would need to be disabled though.  You could put it as a love triangle fight(I never get how this is a triangle) the npc likes you and attacks, another npc likes them and attacks.  The female npc get confidence from watching their lover attack you lol.   

• 3 years later...