Minidress Boots clipping into body and i don't know why

sshadow5001

For some reason Some of the boots from the Minidress UUNP collection are clipping and it don't make sense.

Here are the Thalmor Boots in outfit studio and the Sliders are set to Physique - Skinny to Big and they are perfectly fine.

post-1003392-0-22681500-1456368249_thumb.jpg

But in game with the exact same body they clip into the legs pretty badly.

post-1003392-0-92609500-1456368436_thumb.jpg

I'm remembering to batch the files in Bodyslide but it still does this. Anyone know a way to fix this?

For some reason Some of the boots from the Minidress UUNP collection are clipping and it don't make sense.

I'm remembering to batch the files in Bodyslide but it still does this. Anyone know a way to fix this?

1/ After Bodysliding, when trying on the boots, make sure you are not wearing any other clothing. Does it still clip?

2/ Try Bodysliding ONLY the boots, not a batch run. Test it again naked. Does it still clip?

The reason for test 1/ is that if your blodyslided boots and bodyslided clothes don't have exactly the same body type, clipping occurs. The reason for test 2/ is that sometimes running a batch can cause errors. These errors happened in older versions of Bodyslide, however, but it's worth testing out.

If wearing the boots naked doesn't show any clipping and the body looks right then it's the outfit, not the boots, that needs attention.

I figured I'd do a fresh install of the mod to try this so here it goes

1. I Install UNP Minidresses collection http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47376/?

2. I install MiniDresses Collection for UUNP Bodyslide

3. Making no tweaks in Outfit Studio to the Thalmor Boots (Except loading reference body and Loading Slider Preset to Physique - Skinny to Big) look like this.

post-1003392-0-08281400-1456463117_thumb.jpg

Looks perfectly fine so I exit without and saved changes.

4. I set my Outfit/Body to Unified UNP HDT and Preset to Physique - Skinny to Big and click build

post-1003392-0-85338800-1456463301_thumb.jpg

5. For testing purposes I don Batch Build and jump straight into the game. This is my character with bodyslide set to 100

post-1003392-0-91629200-1456463641_thumb.jpg

6. This time I Batch Build but only the Thalmor Boots

post-1003392-0-30805800-1456463771_thumb.jpg

7. Here's me in game again

post-1003392-0-74430100-1456463891_thumb.jpg

Still the same problem :(

and in case its of interest here is what my Thalmor Meshes folder looks like

post-1003392-0-34568700-1456464004_thumb.jpg

1. I Install UNP Minidresses collection http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47376/?

3. Making no tweaks in Outfit Studio to the Thalmor Boots (Except loading reference body and Loading Slider Preset to Physique - Skinny to Big) look like this.

attachicon.gifThalmor Boots Outfit Studio2.jpg

4. I set my Outfit/Body to Unified UNP HDT and Preset to Physique - Skinny to Big and click build

attachicon.gifBodyslide Settings.jpg

5. For testing purposes I don Batch Build and jump straight into the game. This is my character with bodyslide set to 100

attachicon.gif2016-02-26_00001.jpg

attachicon.gifBodyslide Settings2.jpg

attachicon.gif2016-02-26_00002.jpg

attachicon.gifThalmor Boots Folder.jpg

Nice work breaking down the stages. :)

Couple of questions:

1/ How do the boots look in the Bodyslide window with your body selected, not the OS window?

2/ When building the boots manually, hold CTRL and it will make a copy in your Bodyslide folder. Check the file names and see if they match your filenames in the associated folder. They should match. Try copying the files manually into the right folder and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: If you use MO, you may want to undo the last changes after testing.

Couple of questions:

1/ How do the boots look in the Bodyslide window with your body selected, not the OS window?

2/ When building the boots manually, hold CTRL and it will make a copy in your Bodyslide folder. Check the file names and see if they match your filenames in the associated folder. They should match. Try copying the files manually into the right folder and see if that makes a difference.

1. I'm not 100% sure what you mean? Do you mean in game when customizing the character?

2. I'm really not sure what you mean. I'm still pretty new to all this.

I haven't used Mod Organizer. I mostly use NMM but for these outfits i've been doing it completely manually by copying the files to the right places (Mostly because NMM take forever to install this and i'm constantly reinstalling the files to try and fix problems.

Couple of questions:

1. I'm not 100% sure what you mean? Do you mean in game when customizing the character?

2. I'm really not sure what you mean. I'm still pretty new to all this.

I haven't used Mod Organizer. I mostly use NMM but for these outfits i've been doing it completely manually by copying the files to the right places (Mostly because NMM take forever to install this and i'm constantly reinstalling the files to try and fix problems.

1. Yes. The preview window when customizing. Do the boots look ok in that window?

2. Without using batch build, when you click 'Build' hold CTRL (Control button). Now look in your Bodyslide folder on your harddrive, you should see 2 files for boots. Copy those files to your Thalmor meshes folder manually.

This sounds like you have a problem with Bodyslide/Outfit Studio and/or the UUNP Minidress mod.

Do you have a slow computer? It shouldn't take long to batch build a full set.

Batch build don't take long at all. the set contains something like 90 items and only takes around a minute. the wierd thing is it's only a problem with some boots.

those female body nifs dont have the boots attatched to em. do I really put em in the Thalmor meshes folder?

No. Give me a minute to check something. I'll be right back.

If ya like I could show a screenshot of whats contained in the Thalmor Meshes folder from both the UNP mod and the UUNP Conversion mod? I'm guessing there must be some kind of conflict between files contained in both as some of the other boots don't have 3 .nif files and they work fine.

Ok.

Sorry about that. Just checking the files.

There are a couple of things you should know. For manual bodysliding, you need to do the following:

1/ In the Bodyslide window, in the 'Preset' box, select your body type.

2/ In the 'Outfit/Body' box select your boots, NOT the UUNP body.

3/ Click 'Preview'. 

You can now view your body with the item of clothing you selected. When you change the silders, you should see the change happen in the preview window.

Try this and we'll go from there.

EDIT: In the preview window there is a weight slider at the top. Use that to go to 100 weight.

Ah here comes a problem. So when I select the preset Physique - Skinny to Big then pick the Outfit/Body MiniDresses ThalmorBoots UUNP it actually clears out my preset selection.

Aha!

This means you may have accidentally saved the file in Outfit Studio and the file got corrupted.

I recommend unintsalling and re-installing Tiwa's original mod and the UUNP Minidress Bodyslide mod files.

Start fresh.

I think I get it now. If I select Physique Skinny to Big then save as a new preset and assign it to the MiniDresses Groups then I can Batch them properly. Thats why the boots after batching weren't getting any slider treatmen as it had nothing to pull the info from.

Imma test this now.

I think I get it now. If I select Physique Skinny to Big then save as a new preset and assign it to the MiniDresses Groups then I can Batch them properly

Yes. That should work. :)

Your boots file may have been corrupted however. But it depends on what sliders were there when it was created. Boots/shoes don't need many sliders.

Instead of downloading and re-installing, you could just overwrite the boots folder in the 'Shapedata' folder in your bodyslide folder with the original file.

You should also know that there is a benefit to manual building that is missed when batch building.

Bodyslide creators sometimes offer 'Zap' Sliders/Buttons that can be clicked on and off to remove certain armor parts.

So for example, the Wench dress comes with Zap sliders to remove jewellery, lace, etc etc.

You can view the changes in the Preview window. :)

Edit: So my usual way of doing it is to batch build everything, and then go through the manual list and see each clothing and make any changes by manually building that file only.

Aaaaaand still got problems. when I select Thalmor Boots in Bodyslide and Physique - Skinny to big then preview it looks perfect. sliding the slider around causes the boots to stretch in all the right ways. I batch all the clothing aaaaand still the boots are still clipping and don't move :(

Aaaaaand still got problems. when I select Thalmor Boots in Bodyslide and Physique - Skinny to big then preview it looks perfect. sliding the slider around causes the boots to stretch in all the right ways. I batch all the clothing aaaaand still the boots don't move :(

Damn :(

Ok. Now that you know how to do it...

Manually build the boots using your body preset and using the boots in the outfit/body box. Hold CTRL and click build. Now go to the bodyslide folder and drag the files from there into your Thalmor folder.

Test again.

There are 2 possibilities. The files are being put in the wrong place, or the files have the wrong name and the game is using the original files instead of your changed ones.

so I should rename thalmorbootsf_0.nif to bootsf_0.nif

No sorry. It was just an example. The problem was found by the poster in the link I showed you. You need to find the original name of the Thalmor boots and change the names to that.

I don't know what the original boot name is.

This was an error made by the UUNP minidress mod creator. Apparently there are many shoes/boots with that problem.

Archived