Neck/Hand gap and black body

Johnnyone

I know there are already so many threads where this problems are discussed, but feel like i never find the perfect answer for it.

I started a new game (which means i uninstalled skyrim and every mod) and right now i install everything back. The body that i use is a CBBE (COS when naked and CT77 when armor on)

For the neck and hand gap:

My new game is a bit different because this time i have weight variation (which means that i played around with bodyslide). I know to fix this problem i just have to set my bodyweight to 100, but because of the variation the 100 means a fat body (while 1 means skinny). I want to keep the normal body (weight 50) and the NPC's have the problem too. Is there a way to fix this in another way? Is there maybe a mod that can create different bodies (fat and skinny) without that gap?

Black Body:

I already had this bug in my last game, but it didn't appeard everytime and i could fix it by restarting the game. I also didn't used "Texture Optimizer" in my last game. This time i used it after i installed skyrim. Then i installed new texture mods (like Skyrim 2K (FULL version)) and i have the feeling that this problem appears a bit more often (which means sometimes i don't have this problem). I also use the fairskin textures (uncompressed version). I know that this bug has something to do with VRAM but since i have a GTX 980ti i don't really think that this should be a problem. Should i just install the compressed version of fairskin or is there another way.

I have a 980ti too, and I still need to use Texture Optimizer sometimes, it may have 6GB of vram + however much it borrows from your system ram, but once I get all the high texture mods I like installed I sometimes get the "black body" problem showing up, you'd be surprised how quickly things like high texture npc replacer mods in a crowded city can eat up the vram you can use, especially if you've installed extra population mods alongside some of the many town and city improvement mods.

You mentioned using the optimizer after you installed the base game, but you didn't say if you ran it again after installing the texture mods (you'd be surprised how often I forget to do that)

I have a 980ti too, and I still need to use Texture Optimizer sometimes, it may have 6GB of vram + however much it borrows from your system ram, but once I get all the high texture mods I like installed I sometimes get the "black body" problem showing up, you'd be surprised how quickly things like high texture npc replacer mods in a crowded city can eat up the vram you can use, especially if you've installed extra population mods alongside some of the many town and city improvement mods.

You mentioned using the optimizer after you installed the base game, but you didn't say if you ran it again after installing the texture mods (you'd be surprised how often I forget to do that)

Yeah thats right, but is it healthy to run the optimizer for modded textures? I read somewhere that this could make problems, but im not sure if i really read it. Should i use it for all files again or just for the mod files? That i have to make a tick in BSA is right? Special settings for "mitmaps" "risize patterns" and "resize down"? I don't wanna mess around with optimzing the mods to much.

Archived