Could use some help

AuronXCZE

Hello folks, i had a "bit" of missfortune, long story short, my HDD went up in smoke (literally) so lost everything, so, now to the point, i need to re-install everything again, and there i decided i ask for some general help (i never really had problems, just wanted to know if i dit it wrong or right)

I download most of the Main stuff from Nexus

have SKSE, SkyUI, HDT System+Heels, RaceMenu, Papyrus 3.2.

now for the part where i decided to ask for help

In what order i should install the mods from LL and what should overwritte what.

post-921870-0-18411800-1455497637_thumb.png

If you are using MO. It doesn't matter all mods are separate. If you are using NMM or some other method then you need to understand the mods you are installing. Install the base mods like Sexlab, base mods like bodies etc, then skeletons, then followers, quest mod etc. Looking at the mod install the prerequisites then base mod (required mod) first then all the patches and requirements after. If for some reason something goes wrong.. go back and reinstall the mods in the proper order.

The mods that win are like a deck of cards. The last file installed is the one that wins in any conflict unless removed or not allowed to overwrite when prompted (or in MO conflicted)

this can be done with any of the Gamebro games (Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Fallout 4 ).

The order ... really depends on what you want present after all overwrites occur. For example a special skeleton needs to be loaded last (or reloaded in case of overwrite) so that it can "win" and be present in the game. Same with any preference of armor re-placers etc.

With MO, you're usually fine just installing it in whatever order you want and then moving them around as needed. You just have to watch out for conflicts (especially with SexLab or it won't install from the MCM).

Personally, the order I do it in (I also had to do a complete reinstall about a month ago)

1. SKSE

2. Unofficial Skyrim Patch(es)

3. FNIS

4. SkyUI

5. SexLab

6. SexLab Aroused Redux

7. Zaz Animation Pack w/ Textures

8. DDa>DDi>DDx

9. Cursed Loot

10. [EVERYTHING ELSE]

Just gotta make sure to install XPMSE and set it to the highest priority, so nothing overwrites it. Other than that just make sure mods like NPC replacements (like Bijin or NPC_85) have a high priority. I had to sort out an NPC body mesh issue yesterday and it turns out I just needed to set NPC_85 to a higher priority.

Archived