TesVedit Scripting

arictheana

I'm having trouble creating a script that will copy sub-records of one plugin into another plugin. I have two plugins, a jewelry one and a sound one, that edit the same thing and I want to copy the sound sub-record into the jewelry one; however, I don't want to sit there and drag and drop each one. Can anyone help me?

Copy as override copies the whole record and then replaces the record you're copying it into. I simply want a single piece of that record, ie sub-record, to copy into another, which is something you can do by just dragging that sub-record into the other sub-record from another plugin. However, I'd rather not do that for over 100 records. For example, changing the persistent flag on over 100 records is more efficient and easier with the script then editing every single record.  

You can select those individual records (use ctrl and/or shift to select multiple records) and right-click on them instead of right-clicking on the top level. You don't have to drag them into another plugin. Copy as override keeps the existing form IDs. If that's not important then use "copy as a new record".

If you're trying to copy a part of a record into another, like copying factions of an NPC into another NPC in another plugin, then I have no idea on how to do that. I doubt that'd doable in TES5Edit.

You may compare records that belong to same category and copy some stuff from one of them to the others. Doesn't always work properly though.

PS. What I mean by a "record" is the entries with form IDs.

Okay, I've added a screen shot of what I'm talking about. Now normally you just click on those records, in this case the YNAM and ZNAM, and then drag them to the right. I'm trying to create a script that will do that. So when there are many records as such I wont have to do this for every single one.

post-252490-0-01921800-1454538277_thumb.jpg

Are YNMA & ZNAM values the same for every record? If so, select one record with the values you want from the source plugin, then select all the records you want to update in the target plugin, right-click and select "compare". And then right-click on the YNAM & ZNAM entries on the source record and select copy to others or something like that.

Archived