Quick TES Construction set question.

Sethanye

I tried google before asking this, but it was as useless as ever linking me to a bunch of pointless stuff due to the inability to phrase the question in any short way.

Is there any way to create your own character in the construction set, im trying to make one of those poster pretty characters and i heard the editor in the construction set is far more advanced than the one in game. I know you can create NPCs on it, i saw plenty of tutorials on that behalf, but is there any way to actually create your own character there and then somehow load it into the game.

Sorry if the question phrasing is a bit messy lol, any help would be greatly apriciated.

P.S. On a side note question, what is the mod that gives the characters the reflective/shiny skin

I'm not sure if this would be helpful to you or not but thought I would put it out there. I thought about following this tutorial, saving the game, disabling the plugin and trying to load the same savegame. I doubt that would work but might be worth a try. Otherwise, you just leave your new plugin activated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrkZiHf81es

Another place to find this info ... http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/How_To_Make_an_NPC_Playable

There may also be a way to do this with Wryebash but I am unfamiliar with the process.

As far as the shiny or glossy sking goes, that is something that is usually controlled by the Normal map and alpha channel with-in that normal map. On the alpha channel, white shines and black is matte. Shades of grey can be somewhere in between depending on the format you save the normal map under. There are plenty of tutorials out there that can teach you how to produce and use normal maps. Just search for Oblivion retexture tutorial or something similar.

Wulf

Archived